Dobyns DX683C V's Loomis Mossyback BRC804

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
rockchalk06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Dobyns DX683C V's Loomis Mossyback BRC804

Post by rockchalk06 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:10 am

I have been using the DX683C for a few weeks running lighter Swim Jigs in the 1/4oz flavor and 1/4 weighted plastics. Its listed as a MH, but my experience is the 3 power DX's fish like a medium fast. I just purchased a used Mossyback Loomis BRC804. Its been awhile but Loomis lists their 4 power as a Heavy. I have always felt it was a bit over rated and even 1/2 oz Jigs with a trailer seemed too much.

Anyway to my point. I wanted to get another DX683C and have a 6 gear Steez for moving baits and a 7 gear for bottom contact baits to cover my shorter needs when shore bound. I have the longer rods covered. However this BRC804 just came up and I couldn't resist. How much difference in sensitivity am I going to feel one over the other. I know the DX is in a higher price range, but the reviews on the MB's are very good. Both rods will be used for Jigs/Plastics in the 1/4 oz range as well as 1/4 oz pegged plastics.

I have the Steez LTD TN and Steez 103SHA that will be going on these rods. If needed I have a stock Metanium MG7 that I can use in place of the 103SHA to balance either rod out. Both are 7 gear reels.

Sorry for the long winded post and thanks in advance. :big grin: