Megabass Themis Inquiry

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Bubbleboy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Megabass Themis Inquiry

Post by Bubbleboy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:22 pm

Does anyone here have an MB Evoluzion Themis? I'm looking for a top water rod that would have the same action as an NRX 802S. My hopes are that it has a tiny bit more backbone but with the same fast tip. Being an F2 I would suspect it might be a little lighter than the 802 :(

JDLaman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Megabass Themis Inquiry

Post by JDLaman » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:26 pm

I have no experience with the NRX 802S but here is a thread where I discuss my thoughts on the Themis:

http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic. ... is#p479741

Bubbleboy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bubbleboy » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:59 am

Thanks for the link. A couple of questions after reading that, when you mean he Themis has a soft tip, you're not talking about like a Stinger tip are you? And by a half power less than the 1.1/2, even though it's rated as an F2, is an odd assessment. Does the Expada feel like it has more backbone then?

JDLaman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by JDLaman » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:09 am

The Themis does not have a stinger tip, but definitely is faster in action than the Expada. The tip is very soft for about the first 15 inches of the blank and then gets quickly into the backbone. The Expada is much more parabolic in its action, and it definitely feels to me like it has more backbone and power than the Themis.

They are both great rods but if I was looking for more power out of the two, I would be looking at the Expada. It is rated up to 5/8 oz lures while the Themis is only rated to 1/2 oz lures.

The Shading-X is another fantastic stick in the light powered Megabass lineup. It is fast like the Themis but has a little more power than the Themis. If I could only fish one out of the three, it would be the Shading-X. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Bubbleboy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bubbleboy » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:48 am

JDLaman wrote:The Themis does not have a stinger tip, but definitely is faster in action than the Expada. The tip is very soft for about the first 15 inches of the blank and then gets quickly into the backbone. The Expada is much more parabolic in its action, and it definitely feels to me like it has more backbone and power than the Themis.

They are both great rods but if I was looking for more power out of the two, I would be looking at the Expada. It is rated up to 5/8 oz lures while the Themis is only rated to 1/2 oz lures.

The Shading-X is another fantastic stick in the light powered Megabass lineup. It is fast like the Themis but has a little more power than the Themis. If I could only fish one out of the three, it would be the Shading-X. Let me know if you have any more questions.
This fills in the rest of the blanks for me. Thank you very much.