Megabass Levante

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
KevinL
Angler
Angler

Re: Megabass Levante

Post by KevinL » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:46 am

I have the Tour Versitale and it is lite. It seemed to be a little tip heavy but I put a zillion on it and it balanced out great. Using it for large spinnerbaits, large top waters, large worms and jigs. It is sensitive.

GaterB
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by GaterB » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:46 am

Where would you say the balance point is with the Zillion mounted?

KevinL
Angler
Angler

Post by KevinL » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:53 am

GaterB, it balances about an inch from the foregrip.

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:29 am

Got a deal on a Tour Versatile so I bought it. Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed how tip heavy it is. The rod weighs only 4.64oz but it feels Much heavier in hand, and with a Tatula CT mounted on it it's not much better. I've definitely felt and used longer sticks that balance better than the TV.

Can anyone with experience comment on the balance of the Levante TV compared to the DSR? I know the review on TT says the DSR is tip heavy but I'm wondering how much comparatively.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:37 pm

I could be wrong and maybe others can chime in but I feel at this price point, people are buying more so the name, megabass, as opposed to the aesthetic/performance that's synonymous to it.

GaterB
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by GaterB » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:14 am

KevinL wrote:GaterB, it balances about an inch from the foregrip.
Awesome, thanks!

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:52 am

Actually, the Flat Side Special and Diablo Spec R in this series are fine sticks. Not as nice as their XX counterparts, but still quite good. Kinda want to try the EMTF, and maybe the Perfect Pitch but I have a feeling it will be quite tip heavy and unbalanced.

kstephes033
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by kstephes033 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:20 pm

I have the perfect pitch and while it is a bit tip heavy, it isnt bad at all. I have two of the orochi XX PP which are about as balanced as you can get, then going to the levante there is definitely a difference. I now have a tatula type r (full size tat) on the lev PP and it balances pretty well, i just dont use it much being my backup 1/2oz jig rod. As said the FSS and the Diablo are both nice rods in the series, but really they make for much better moving bait sticks vs bottom contact, again compared to the Orochi XX series. If someone were to start initially with the levante lineup and not have any previous usage of other megabass rods, i think they would be quite pleased. The rods are sensitive enough for bottom contact no doubt, they just arent on par with the XX.

TobyJ
Angler
Angler

Post by TobyJ » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:27 am

The EMTF is tip heavy I can vouch for that... Really nice stick though once you add some weight to the butt to balance it out. Surprised how well this stick fishes larger crankbaits and topwaters.