Archangel

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Archangel

Post by jpmoney » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:25 am

ccass wrote:I'm torn between the AGS and the Archangel for a MH.
Go with the AGS. I've never been blown away by 13 fishing stuff, they just aren't my cup of tea. Although the archangel rod looks nice and is very likely a high quality japanese build, I feel there are better options at that price point (jackall poison ultima, MB C40, evergreen etc).

I am very tempted to pick up an AGS casting rod (7-1 MH) and possibly the 7' M/F spinning rod.

poopformayor
Angler
Angler

Post by poopformayor » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:55 am

I was not blown away by the archangels. Owned the 8''0H and 6'11m. Both are nice rods but for the price tag, I'll go a different route. Comparing them two a few other MB models, I'll have to put the archangels right with the P3 models. Even though the P3 has more of a crisp feeling to it than the archangel. The nicest features for the archangel was the balancing point. Grade "A" cork used and the reel seat is rather nice.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:47 am

poopformayor wrote:I was not blown away by the archangels. Owned the 8''0H and 6'11m. Both are nice rods but for the price tag, I'll go a different route. Comparing them two a few other MB models, I'll have to put the archangels right with the P3 models. Even though the P3 has more of a crisp feeling to it than the archangel. The nicest features for the archangel was the balancing point. Grade "A" cork used and the reel seat is rather nice.
How would you rate the taper of the 8ft? Looking for a new punch rod.

I know this thread is old.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing