Shimano Crucial Rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
BigAl23
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Shimano Crucial Rods

Post by BigAl23 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:35 am

A while back I broke a black Crucial rod and sent it back to Shimano for replacement. They sent me the new model. Since then I bought four new models all with the full grip. My first trip with my 6'6" MH spinning, I caught a couple of 2 1/2 lb'ers, one smallie and one large. I think these rods perform much better than their cost. They are well balanced and cast very well. Anyone else feel they are a bargain at their price point?

fishballer06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Shimano Crucial Rods

Post by fishballer06 » Fri May 01, 2015 5:41 am

I have two of the new cork style one's that I bought shortly after they released them to market. I got the 6'10" MH-F and the 7' M-M. Both rods are excellent rods for the money and I really enjoy using them. I use the 6'10" for spinnerbaits, chatterbaits, and topwater, and then the 7' is for smaller cranks and lipless cranks. For the price I paid, I'm very happy.

facelessnewsouth
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by facelessnewsouth » Fri May 01, 2015 7:10 am

I looked into the 7'm crankbait rod a couple of days ago at the nearest shop that had them in stock (about an hour away), and I was glad I made the trip. Crankbaits are something I didn't use very much in the past, but I've been trying them more and more recently, with a great deal of success, and I figured it was time to upgrade my bargain basement crankbait rod. I knew I wanted a shimano rod (my cheap rod is a shimano, and I love the action) so this was on my short list. Let's just say I was pleasantly surprised. The rod is much thinner in person than it looks in pictures, and has the action I was looking for. I ordered it online, so the jury's still out on the performance on the water, but from what I saw in store, I'm sure I'll be pleased.

DavidSA
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DavidSA » Sat May 02, 2015 8:53 pm

The crucials have been good value rods since the original release some 7 to 8 years ago. I have two that I have fished for many years and they have been flawless.

Since these rods were originally announced I feel many other brands have grown and offer good completion in this tier.

BigAl23
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by BigAl23 » Sun May 03, 2015 12:16 am

DavidSA wrote:The crucials have been good value rods since the original release some 7 to 8 years ago. I have two that I have fished for many years and they have been flawless.

Since these rods were originally announced I feel many other brands have grown and offer good completion in this tier.
David,
Can you give me some comparison rods?

DavidSA
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DavidSA » Sun May 03, 2015 2:33 am

Powellco would be one. Phoenix, dobyns, and many others I have not tried. About a year ago I mail ordered a Fenwick elitetech smallmouth rod and was blown away by the rod for $100. None of this is meant to take anything away from the Crucials.