Glx vs poison adrena vs orochi xx?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Basscatcher99
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Glx vs poison adrena vs orochi xx?

Post by Basscatcher99 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:16 pm

How do these rods (G Loomis GLX, Shimano/Jackall Poison Adrena, and Megabass Orochi XX/X4) compare in sensitivity, weight, balance, components etc.

speckdog
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Glx vs poison adrena vs orochi xx?

Post by speckdog » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:12 pm

I have fished the GLX and adrena, the adrena is hands down more sensitive and crisper rod than the GLX and also lighter. Have not fished a MB Orochi XX.

Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Phippy » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:16 pm

speckdog wrote:I have fished the GLX and adrena, the adrena is hands down more sensitive and crisper rod than the GLX and also lighter. Have not fished a MB Orochi XX.
And which rods in both lineups did you fish for comparisons? The first is subjective to the individual but the weight I'm not sure your right on that one since I weighed a Adrena 610ML at 3.9oz and GLX 853 4.1oz with the latter longer/more power. Maybe someone can weigh a 610M since it's similar in power to the 853.

GRH
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GRH » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:35 pm

Phippy wrote: And which rods in both lineups did you fish for comparisons? The first is subjective to the individual but the weight I'm not sure your right on that one since I weighed a Adrena 610ML at 3.9oz and GLX 853 4.1oz with the latter longer/more power. Maybe someone can weigh a 610M since it's similar in power to the 853.
My Poison Adrena PA1610M weighs 4.02 ounces using an accurate digital food preparation scale.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:37 pm

Adrena GLX xx
Last edited by cndbasshunter on Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Phippy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:01 am

GRH wrote:
Phippy wrote: And which rods in both lineups did you fish for comparisons? The first is subjective to the individual but the weight I'm not sure your right on that one since I weighed a Adrena 610ML at 3.9oz and GLX 853 4.1oz with the latter longer/more power. Maybe someone can weigh a 610M since it's similar in power to the 853.
My Poison Adrena PA1610M weighs 4.02 ounces using an accurate digital food preparation scale.
Thanks, good info. So I guess we can agree add 3" and possible another guide the rods would be pretty close probably not enough to definitely say one was lighter than the other in hand. =D>

Have not fished the Adrena but have water time with some XX and in my hands the GLX wins out.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:45 am

Phippy wrote:
GRH wrote:
Thanks, good info. So I guess we can agree add 3" and possible another guide the rods would be pretty close probably not enough to definitely say one was lighter than the other in hand. =D>

Have not fished the Adrena but have water time with some XX and in my hands the GLX wins out.
Depends on the model, most of the 4 power and up GLX rods i've used didn't feel as nice as the 3 powered GLX. They felt too heavy and unbalanced.

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:27 am

I'm adding another adrena and Woukd have no problem adding another GLX but I was never sold on the XX rods but everyone seems to like them.

Basscatcher99
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Basscatcher99 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:43 am

fishingandfords wrote:I'm adding another adrena and Woukd have no problem adding another GLX but I was never sold on the XX rods but everyone seems to like them.
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'm looking for more of a moving bait rod, so sensitivity isn't too important. Of these three rods, which is most comfortable for you as far as reel seat, handle, etc? (I palm my reel with my finger under the line).

Phippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Phippy » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:26 am

Basscatcher99 wrote:
fishingandfords wrote:I'm adding another adrena and Woukd have no problem adding another GLX but I was never sold on the XX rods but everyone seems to like them.
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I'm looking for more of a moving bait rod, so sensitivity isn't too important. Of these three rods, which is most comfortable for you as far as reel seat, handle, etc? (I palm my reel with my finger under the line).
Then don't bother with the Adrena they have faster tapers over the XX. Flat Sided Special might be what your looking for.

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:07 am

Most comfortable is the adrena with that sweet ci4 reel seat

metanium
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by metanium » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:39 pm

Phippy wrote:
Basscatcher99 wrote:
Then don't bother with the Adrena they have faster tapers over the XX. Flat Sided Special might be what your looking for.
I second the FSS for moving baits.

MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MTBF » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:56 pm

XX has incredible actions and power but you can't say the XX has more sensitivity and feel then the GLX blank. GLX has lot's of feel. I think Adrena and GLX should be fished side by side for accurate comparisons. The GLX custom reseat is my 2nd favourite on the market very comfortable in my hands. I can compare the 894GLX to the Expride line but I can already tell you my GLX is more sensitive then the Expride Blank.

XX is a incredible bang for your buck I, love the Jerkbait special because of it's parabolic bend. We should start a comparison forum were guys use the 2 similar powered rods, same line, same jig etc...Lot's of open ponds in the US right now, this would be a good branch off of the Reviews section here on TackleTour. All of us like what we have and choose to put down what we don't, I look at pricing similarities and go from there. After all we know a $600 rod will out perform a $400 most of the time.

But we are comparing the GLX at $410-$455 vs the Adrena at $399-$429.99 I'd like to see somebody grab the grab a 7'2H and a 854GLX and drag a jig with both and 50lb braid...I'd like to see a on the water comparison with accurate slow dragging...feeling rocks, mud etc....this is just debate, there all great rods. The GLX stands out to me as I've always been a big believer in getting rods build in the USA, however China's great is getting better and better.

MTBF

Adrena vs GLX should be a close match.
Last edited by MTBF on Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MTBF
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by MTBF » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:58 pm

cndbasshunter wrote: Depends on the model, most of the 4 power and up GLX rods i've used didn't feel as nice as the 3 powered GLX. They felt too heavy and unbalanced.
The 895JWR and all the FPR model's I'm not fond of but the GLX 894C JWR is a nice rod, with the Core 50Mg7 Ryan it balances pretty good has lot's of split grip is longer then my NRX's for leverage also I like part...Some are great some, not so much...

trent_s
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by trent_s » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:52 pm

Wow! I'm shocked...

To me the GLX every time, especially if we're talking sensitivity. And if we're bringing NRX into this, it's not even a fair fight.