Dobyns Fury

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
ctgalloway21
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Dobyns Fury

Post by ctgalloway21 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:23 pm

I have the 734 and 705CB in both Fury and Champion series. If you love the Champion series, you will love the Fury series.

Dink Dawg
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Dink Dawg » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:16 pm

Got mine. It was well worth the wait.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:12 am

Gary Dobyns, or his son Richard or daughter Miranda, is almost always available when you phone their shop. They will happily talk fishing with you, and help you to figure out which rod works best for you and your needs.
I know Gary has spent countless hours developing his rods, and making sure they hold up, since he stands behind his rods completely.
Other than Matt Newman of Irod, who is also personally involved, there aren't too many rod lines that give you such personalized service.
And I am not sponsored by either company. :(

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:10 am

Has anyone tried the 702SF? Thinking of picking it up for spybaiting and maybe some other lighter lures like shakey heads. I'm going to pair it with either a Pixy Type R or a PX68. Thanks!

slideaction
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by slideaction » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:23 am

I think you might want to ask them to make it a casting version. If I remember correctly the sf usually is for spinning rod. I could be wrong. Hope that helps

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:56 am

slideaction wrote:I think you might want to ask them to make it a casting version. If I remember correctly the sf usually is for spinning rod. I could be wrong. Hope that helps
What would likely help more would be me paying close attention, lol. I appreciate the heads up, thanks :oops: