2015 nrx upgrade the hook up tackle

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
TeamDaiwaRick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: 2015 nrx upgrade the hook up tackle

Post by TeamDaiwaRick » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:38 pm

Is there a limit on how many rods each person can trade in? If I trade in enough rods I can get a NRX for free? 8-[

Lucky Craft Man
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Lucky Craft Man » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:10 pm

TeamDaiwaRick wrote:Is there a limit on how many rods each person can trade in? If I trade in enough rods I can get a NRX for free? 8-[
No. Last trade-in, I sent in enough rods for three "free" NRX. However, they didn't have that specific manufacturers list last time either.

johnnybass
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by johnnybass » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:32 am

For the guys who have done this before, did you feel that you got a fair retail price that the value was calculated from for your trade ins? Seems like it would be hard to figure out what retail price is for the older rods.

hobobob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by hobobob » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:40 am

These guys are straight shooter. Unless you have an odd ball, the value are quite accurate. In addition, narrowing manufacture to their approved list further reduced the chance of an odd ball received.

Lucky Craft Man
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Lucky Craft Man » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:51 am

hobobob wrote:These guys are straight shooter. Unless you have an odd ball, the value are quite accurate. In addition, narrowing manufacture to their approved list further reduced the chance of an odd ball received.
As Hobobob said, they are good and in my experience, they'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I sent in a rod they have never seen before and they called me for a price. I could have said $100, but I knew I purchased that rod at WalMart 15 years prior for $14.99, so that's what I told them and they gave me 60% of $14.99 credit, which was more than fair to me (though, as mentioned by Hobobob, I think they will have a handle on the value with the reduced list). I even had a rod tube packed with 5 rods that was damaged in shipping (all five rods were broken) and they still gave me 60% credit for every one (though, I do suspect since I had them send me a shipping label, it was covered under their insurance). I will say from my experience with them through these trade-in programs, I have become a repeat customer of theirs, as that kind of customer service is invaluable.

TeamDaiwaRick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by TeamDaiwaRick » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:55 am

Any forms we suppose to fill for this trade-in program?

Lucky Craft Man
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Lucky Craft Man » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:55 am

TeamDaiwaRick wrote:Any forms we suppose to fill for this trade-in program?
There is a Trade-in form they want you to fill out (there's a link to it on thier web-site). You fill in your info and list the rod(s) you have packed in the rod tube. Make sure to write something like "Trade-In Towards NRX Program" at the top, because this is the same form you would fill out if you were sending them rods to sell for credit. Fold that paper up and stick it in the tube. When they get your rods, they'll call you with your credit value and ask you which rod you want to put it towards. You pick what you want, pay the difference (if there is any), and in about 5 days, you'll have your new NRX(s).

As a side note, I apologize for hogging this thread. I just have done this trade-in program quite a few times and I asked all the same questions to the guys at The Hook Up Tackle. Also, if I can get others into the same affliction I have (I.e., NRX Obsession), I like to.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:00 am

I called them today and confirmed that you receive 75% of the rods retail price towards a trade in if your trading one rod from the list. They also emailed me a shipping label. They will deduct $20 from your trade in if you use there shipping label. This is cheaper than I could ship for so I went this route. I talked to the guy for about 10 minutes about rods and fishing. He seemed very knowledgeable in regards to Gloomis and Megabass rods and has fished quite a few. It was a pleasant experience.

karirick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by karirick » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:14 am

njbasscat wrote:I called them today and confirmed that you receive 75% of the rods retail price towards a trade in if your trading one rod from the list. They also emailed me a shipping label. They will deduct $20 from your trade in if you use there shipping label. This is cheaper than I could ship for so I went this route. I talked to the guy for about 10 minutes about rods and fishing. He seemed very knowledgeable in regards to Gloomis and Megabass rods and has fished quite a few. It was a pleasant experience.
Great info here and I really want to try it, but worry that if I get 1 or 2 NRX then I will want all NRX and I just can't go through all that. Great program sounds like though good for them for offering it.

TeamDaiwaRick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by TeamDaiwaRick » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:57 am

Lucky Craft Man wrote:
TeamDaiwaRick wrote:Any forms we suppose to fill for this trade-in program?
There is a Trade-in form they want you to fill out (there's a link to it on thier web-site). You fill in your info and list the rod(s) you have packed in the rod tube. Make sure to write something like "Trade-In Towards NRX Program" at the top, because this is the same form you would fill out if you were sending them rods to sell for credit. Fold that paper up and stick it in the tube. When they get your rods, they'll call you with your credit value and ask you which rod you want to put it towards. You pick what you want, pay the difference (if there is any), and in about 5 days, you'll have your new NRX(s).

As a side note, I apologize for hogging this thread. I just have done this trade-in program quite a few times and I asked all the same questions to the guys at The Hook Up Tackle. Also, if I can get others into the same affliction I have (I.e., NRX Obsession), I like to.

Thank you sir! Here is the link to the Trade-in form incase someone here needs it. http://www.thehookuptackle.com/pdf/TRADE-IN%20FORM.pdf

Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hennessy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:58 am

karirick wrote:
njbasscat wrote:I called them today and confirmed that you receive 75% of the rods retail price towards a trade in if your trading one rod from the list. They also emailed me a shipping label. They will deduct $20 from your trade in if you use there shipping label. This is cheaper than I could ship for so I went this route. I talked to the guy for about 10 minutes about rods and fishing. He seemed very knowledgeable in regards to Gloomis and Megabass rods and has fished quite a few. It was a pleasant experience.
Great info here and I really want to try it, but worry that if I get 1 or 2 NRX then I will want all NRX and I just can't go through all that. Great program sounds like though good for them for offering it.
you will. I started with one & ended up replacing all my bottom contact rods. This is a cheaper option & in my opinion it's the best rods I've put my hands on. U won't regret it

Black Haze
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Black Haze » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:56 pm

Do they take custom rods? or rods missing a guide ring?

Lucky Craft Man
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Lucky Craft Man » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:06 pm

Black Haze wrote:Do they take custom rods? or rods missing a guide ring?
Custom rods, No. Rods with broken guides, I would say no. Here is the language they posted concerning what you can trade-in:

Trade-in rods must be one of the following brands:

13 Fishing
Daiwa
Dobyns
Duckett
G.Loomis
Kistler
Megabass
Phenix
Power Tackle
Shimano
St.Croix

*Trade in rods must be in original factory condition (no custom rods or alterations). Trade in rods must be in usable/re-sell-able condition. No broken rods will be accepted. If any trade-in rod needs repair we will either deduct the repairs from the trade-in credit given or return the rod.

Black Haze
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Black Haze » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:21 am

thank you
Lucky Craft Man wrote:
Black Haze wrote:Do they take custom rods? or rods missing a guide ring?
Custom rods, No. Rods with broken guides, I would say no. Here is the language they posted concerning what you can trade-in:

Trade-in rods must be one of the following brands:

13 Fishing
Daiwa
Dobyns
Duckett
G.Loomis
Kistler
Megabass
Phenix
Power Tackle
Shimano
St.Croix

*Trade in rods must be in original factory condition (no custom rods or alterations). Trade in rods must be in usable/re-sell-able condition. No broken rods will be accepted. If any trade-in rod needs repair we will either deduct the repairs from the trade-in credit given or return the rod.

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:09 am

21farms wrote:
ScoobyDoo wrote:Would i get 75% off if i traded in a circa 2001 st croix premier that has never seen use? Not sure how this works...
scooby, you don't get 75 percent off of a new NRX. rather, you get 75 percent of the retail purchase price of the rod you're trading in toward a new NRX.

LOL....i knew there was something too good to be true...lol...damn.....I just put a shimloomis order in but didn't put in for rods......looks like it's Black Hole all the way this year