Phenix K2 682 ML(Torzite) V St Croix 6’6’ LES66MF2

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
keith edmunds
Angler
Angler

Phenix K2 682 ML(Torzite) V St Croix 6’6’ LES66MF2

Post by keith edmunds » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:03 am

Hi All from across the pond,

I have been using a Truly Custom Phenix K2 682 for a year or so now as an all round lure rod and it has been great, I have used everything from small cranks, shads, weighted weedless through spinnerbaits, spinners and micro-jerks for chub, perch, pike and zander and I can't fault it. However, with my general purpose river fishing I don't feel like I fully appreciate the blanks capability.

I have recently started vertical jigging on our 40-70ft deep reservoirs and I now start to get a feel for what the blank is capable of from a feedback/sensitivity point of view. So much so that I have asked Terry Graham of Truly Custom Rods to make me a second K2 682- same blank but this time with Fuji KR Torzite guides and sk2 reel seat and minimal handle furnishings.

Over here the St Croix Legend Elite 6’6’ LES66MF2 is considered the perfect vertical jig zander rod. My question is - how will the Phenix K2/Torzite custom compare?

My current Truly Custom K2

keith edmunds
Angler
Angler

Re: Phenix K2 682 ML(Torzite) V St Croix 6’6’ LES66MF2

Post by keith edmunds » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:57 pm

I thought I might get some feedback from someone who had used both rods ?

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Phenix K2 682 ML(Torzite) V St Croix 6’6’ LES66MF2

Post by froteur » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:48 am

I don't think it is highly likely that someone will have both of those rods. I have a St Croix LES but not at that power. I also have several k2's but they are bait casters.

That being said. My K2s are my favorite rods!