Megabass orochi x4 Arron martins limited vs nrx 852s jwr

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
antoniolopez944
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Megabass orochi x4 Arron martins limited vs nrx 852s jwr

Post by antoniolopez944 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:12 pm

Hi guys I need some help deciding on my next spinning rod. I am currently using a falcon bucoo 6 6 medium with a Stradic fj and I thought it would be a good time for a upgrade. I am currently using this combo for shakey heads,drop shots and small plastics(trick,worm,roboworm etc). This rod is also used for the occasional stream smallie fishing I do. I like the power if the falcon bucoo 6 6 medium mod action and I would like the power of my new rod to be around their I don't want a beefy spinning rod. So which rod do you guys think I should get.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Megabass orochi x4 Arron martins limited vs nrx 852s jwr

Post by bronzefly » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:48 am

The Megabass F3-610X4S and the NRX 852s JWR fish very, very differently. The NRX 852s (medium power) is a true extra fast tapered jig and worm designed rod. It's capable of doing other things, but it's ideal for bottom contact stuff and very, very crisp. The X4 Aaron Martens is a lighter powered (medium light), slower tapered rod that excels with a wide range of moving baits, finesse plastics, and makes a fine drop shot rod as well.

I'm not sure which is more comparable to the power of your Falcon Bucco as I've never used or held that model rod. Some guys will say that the NRX feels a little "beefy" as it does have a nice strong backbone for a medium powered stick, but I've fished all the baits you've listed with it and really enjoy it. It's not nearly as good a drop shot rod as the X4 Aaron Martens in my hands, unless you're using larger weights. Both are really fine sticks, best of luck with your choice and I hope this helps.

The Tackle Trap is a Tackle Tour sponsor and we carry both Loomis and Megabass. I'd be happy to get you set up with the rod of your choice, you're welcome to PM or email me directly at thetackletrap@gmail.com for more info, thanks!

antoniolopez944
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Megabass orochi x4 Arron martins limited vs nrx 852s jwr

Post by antoniolopez944 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:10 am

Thanks for the reply, I'm leaning more towards the x4 now since I don't like beefy spinning rods.