steez comparison help

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
crackerboy
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

steez comparison help

Post by crackerboy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:56 am

I have a stz802hfba and love the action. Im wondering if a zillion tdzl801mhrb would be similar. Any details on how it would compare would be great. Ive had the tdz801hfb and its too stiff to me.

I also have a stz741xhfba-xbd and Im wondering if the stz741xhfba they are calling a swimbait rod is the same action. Was hoping it has a softer tip. Any help would be great. Thanks

mikezho
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: steez comparison help

Post by mikezho » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:00 pm

741 swimbait has a longer handle (about 1.25inch longer), stronger backbone.
It is different blank and action as 741 frog.

swimbait can handle heavier lures than frog. If frog up limit is 2oz, i would give 2.5 oz to swimbait rod.

I think swimbait rod overall is a stiffer rod and stiffer tip than frog rod.
crackerboy wrote:I have a stz802hfba and love the action. Im wondering if a zillion tdzl801mhrb would be similar. Any details on how it would compare would be great. Ive had the tdz801hfb and its too stiff to me.

I also have a stz741xhfba-xbd and Im wondering if the stz741xhfba they are calling a swimbait rod is the same action. Was hoping it has a softer tip. Any help would be great. Thanks

klondike1024
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: steez comparison help

Post by klondike1024 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:48 am

mikezho wrote:741 swimbait has a longer handle (about 1.25inch longer), stronger backbone.
It is different blank and action as 741 frog.

swimbait can handle heavier lures than frog. If frog up limit is 2oz, i would give 2.5 oz to swimbait rod.

I think swimbait rod overall is a stiffer rod and stiffer tip than frog rod.
crackerboy wrote:I have a stz802hfba and love the action. Im wondering if a zillion tdzl801mhrb would be similar. Any details on how it would compare would be great. Ive had the tdz801hfb and its too stiff to me.

Thank you for this helpful information. I was looking for this information.