i haven't found an nrx spinning rod i "love" yet.....but then I don't fish smallies much.
I own an 802s and 803s, neither do I "love".
I'm awaiting an 804s (inshore). that one may receive some love....may.
1. 822S DSR - I do a lot of fishing in Erie, so this rod is the first rod in the boat no matter what.
2. 916C UBR - I just got this rod this Fall and have only had a few chances to use it. From those few oppurtunities, I was blown away at the versatility that this rod has. I was so impressed that I sold my two swimbaits rods, frog rod, punching rod, amd flipping rod to buy another one of these. Great stick and in time it may challenge my drop shot rod as my favorite NRX.
3. 895C JWR - This is another rod I just received this Fall, so I don't have much time on the water with it. Though, the time I did get to spend with it, I was able to easily tell this is the most sensitive NRX by far. It is unbelievable how much you can feel with this rod. I don't know what it is, since all the NRX's are made with the same material, but this really is more sensitive than the orher NRX's I own (maybe it is the taper, length, and power configuration that make it so sensitive, but whatever it is, it is top on the line).
4. 853C JWR - A nice rod that gets a lot of use and really fishes all plastics well (e.g. T-Rig, Weightless Worm, Soft Plastic Jerkbait, etc.)
5. 852S JWR - A very versatile spinning rod, but I haven't found a technique I specifically like it for yet. It can fish shakyheads, drop shots, & finesse plastics well, but I have other rods I like better for those techniques. I guess weightless stick worms (i.e., Senkos) would be it's best technique.
6. 822S SYR - This is a great shakyhead rod, but I didn't find the NRX version to be that much more sensitive than the GLX version that I had. Therefore, this NRX is low on my list as I don't think the extra money spent on this rod added any increased performance benefit.
7. 873C CRR - The only reason this rod is last on my list is because it is on order and I have yet to receive it. Once I do, I assume it will jump up the list quickly.
2. 852s jwr just got this one not to long ago but really like it. it is a really versatile spinning rod ive used it for larger shakey heads, grubs, and mainly hair jigs makes a killer 1/4 oz hair jig rod for sure.
i have the 854, and 822 heading this way so i cant wait to use them in a few weeks they might take the other ones as being my favorite.