Tackle Warehouse has extended their megabass lineup

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Tackle Warehouse has extended their megabass lineup

Post by Teal101 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:53 am

bstuckey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Tackle Warehouse has extended their megabass lineup

Post by bstuckey » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:14 am

I'd still go with Gary at The Tackle Trap, his hands on knowledge is way too valuable.

Dragboatdriver
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Dragboatdriver » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:35 am

bstuckey wrote:I'd still go with Gary at The Tackle Trap, his hands on knowledge is way too valuable.
+1

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:39 am

bstuckey wrote:I'd still go with Gary at The Tackle Trap, his hands on knowledge is way too valuable.
Truth. He's helped me immensely. Gotta say TW has better pics though :mrgreen:

thelatrobe33
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by thelatrobe33 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:11 am

Teal101 wrote:
And TW also has better sales \:D/

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:00 am

thelatrobe33 wrote:
Teal101 wrote:
Talk with Gary, he's 10% off all the time for TT members and he might be able to help you out. :mrgreen:

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:16 am

Teal101 wrote:
thelatrobe33 wrote:
Teal101 wrote:
Talk with Gary, he's 10% off all the time for TT members and he might be able to help you out. :mrgreen:
Not with MB rods unfortunately. Gary does seem to personally test many of the MB rods and was spot on when recommending a rod for me. I will continue to use Tackle Trap for MB rods.

arbogastjunkie
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by arbogastjunkie » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:59 am

Tackle Trap all the way. I would rather pay a bit more to support someone truly dedicated to ensuring you get the rod you want / need.

bstuckey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bstuckey » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:33 am

arbogastjunkie wrote:Tackle Trap all the way. I would rather pay a bit more to support someone truly dedicated to ensuring you get the rod you want / need.

=D>

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:34 am

Agreed...although with the more exotic offerings, who has stock can sometimes be the deciding factor ;)

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:57 am

Thank you for all the support and the kind words guys =D>

I spend a lot of time and money to get first hand experience with these sticks in an effort to make sure that customers of The Tackle Trap make the best choice for their hard earned dollars.
Tokugawa wrote:Agreed...although with the more exotic offerings, who has stock can sometimes be the deciding factor ;)
Most guys who want to make the best choice when investing in a Megabass rod, especially the more exotic offerings, will gladly wait a week or so to get the rod that they will be happy with from a company and a person who has had on the water experience with a LOT of Megabass rods for many, many years. Some won't, and that's fine too. Our customers know the difference and I appreciate your continued support 8-)

bigreddog
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigreddog » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:12 pm

bronzefly wrote:I spend a lot of time and money to get first hand experience with these sticks in an effort to make sure that customers of The Tackle Trap make the best choice for their hard earned dollars.
It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it. ;) Let us know if you need some help. :whistle:

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:05 pm

bigreddog wrote:
bronzefly wrote:I spend a lot of time and money to get first hand experience with these sticks in an effort to make sure that customers of The Tackle Trap make the best choice for their hard earned dollars.
It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it. ;) Let us know if you need some help. :whistle:
You're right, running a small business in this day and age is an extremely tough job especially when you have to compete with the "Wal Marts" of the world ;) We could definitely use some help, but it's very long hours for very little pay if you're into that sort of thing :whistle:

bigreddog
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigreddog » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:27 pm

bronzefly wrote:
bigreddog wrote:
You're right, running a small business in this day and age is an extremely tough job especially when you have to compete with the "Wal Marts" of the world ;) We could definitely use some help, but it's very long hours for very little pay if you're into that sort of thing :whistle:
My hat's off to you -- it certainly isn't an easy feat being a small business owner even when the economy is good. But, I'd certainly hope that putting each piece of exotic tackle through its paces would be one of the more pleasurable aspects of what you do.

And of course, there's probably worse ways to make a buck -- working at one of said Wal-Marts comes to mind.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:35 pm

bigreddog wrote:
bronzefly wrote:
bigreddog wrote:
My hat's off to you -- it certainly isn't an easy feat being a small business owner even when the economy is good. But, I'd certainly hope that putting each piece of exotic tackle through its paces would be one of the more pleasurable aspects of what you do.

And of course, there's probably worse ways to make a buck -- working at one of said Wal-Marts comes to mind.
Correct on all counts sir, thank you!