What is hands down the MOST...

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: What is hands down the MOST...

Post by ScoobyDoo » Sun May 14, 2017 10:45 am

Chode wrote:
ScoobyDoo wrote:cumulous, nrx, steez ags, sanded down red cumara 6'8
Is that in descending order?
Not really...they are are comparable. at least to me anyway.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun May 14, 2017 3:40 pm

Finesse68 wrote:NRX 802c
NRX 842c
Abu Villain 2.0 VS610 for spinning, been impressed with it.
I don't own any Loomis rods, I have friends who own everything though, and they were impressed with the Villain 2.0s. I bought a 7' ML xfast for dropshot finesse, and it is something else... The 2 7' Mediums I own and the one 7'6" MH are awesome baitcasting rods too...

illini
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by illini » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:49 am

So far for me its the Orochi XX Jerkbait Special........That thing is scarry sensitive!

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:16 pm

Not sure if I threw in my two cents...... I may get flamed for this but I don't care I really think without money being factored in I really like the original Omen black blank. In my good experience was several of those models I think they were just amazing bottom contacts, reaction baits. I never did try braid on any of them never as I was never in a situation that really called for it so I stuck with P line floroclear and to me. At the time I didn't really have to do too much better in my humble opinion for sensitivity. I've yet to try a NRX, didn't like the overall build it feel at the time that is why I have yet to get one. although I definitely would like to try one just to say I have. Truth be told I was going to buy a couple one day about 4-5 years ago. Touches the phase 3 Nautilus and never look back :big grin:

Jrob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Jrob » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:45 pm

I have always ranked NRX rods as the most sensitive I have used. Models differ in sensitivity ,but all are fantastic. I recently bought one I have wanted for a long time (NRX Inshore 804s XMR). WOW! Super sensitive! Has to be tops for NRX for me. Very powerful rod too boot. This is THE spinning model to move big bass in thick cover. Should have bought it a year ago when it was on my radar.

rockchalk06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rockchalk06 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:11 am

Factory rods:

GLX BCR 803 and my 2016 GLX 852 JWR. 7# Fluoro on the 852 and 30# braid on 803. I can't say for sure I have ever missed a bite with either, but if I have, it had to have been a pretty light one. I have owned 4 different NRX models and wasn't impressed. Sensitivity was on par with both of the above two rods, but the jump in price wasn't worth it for me.

I have 3 custom rods built off Point Blank Blanks. 7'3" MHXF, 6'9" MHF and a 7'3" HXF. All 3 have MVT reel seats and spiral wrapped Fugi Torzite guides. Nothing stock can hold a candle to these sticks. The HXF has a carbon fiber full handle and is used for punching. That rod weighs less than 5 ounces and balances with a Core 100MgFV like no other.

I'm no expert at all, but I truly believe that the reel and line play a huge factor in felt sensitivity as a whole. I have magnesium reels and either Fluoro or Braid on my bottom contact rods.