Daiwa Zillion Rod and Fuego

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
lmbfisherman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Daiwa Zillion Rod and Fuego

Post by lmbfisherman » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:04 am

I just saw one for 110 (Fuego) and 159 (Zillion). They were MH/XF for the fuego 7' and a 7' XH Zillion. They are on clearance, I was wondering are these two prices too good to pass on? I really wouldn't know what I would use each for, but they look like nice rods and felt good. Curious on what would you use them for? Normally don't see these rods up where I live (Ontario, Canada). I'm not a die hard brand fan, but I do own mostly Shimano reels and rods. They do look however a little old as the handles and reel seats look a little dusty. Hopefully someone has experience with the above rods would let me know. Thanks!

lmbfisherman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Daiwa Zillion Rod and Fuego

Post by lmbfisherman » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:06 am

To add I am newbie when it comes to Daiwa Rods and reels. I do own 2 Lexas and 1 low end T Rod for top water, but thats my extent in owning Daiwa specifically for bass.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:19 am

lmbfisherman wrote:I just saw one for 110 (Fuego) and 159 (Zillion). They were MH/XF for the fuego 7' and a 7' XH Zillion. They are on clearance, I was wondering are these two prices too good to pass on? I really wouldn't know what I would use each for, but they look like nice rods and felt good. Curious on what would you use them for? Normally don't see these rods up where I live (Ontario, Canada). I'm not a die hard brand fan, but I do own mostly Shimano reels and rods. They do look however a little old as the handles and reel seats look a little dusty. Hopefully someone has experience with the above rods would let me know. Thanks!
good pricing, i'd pick up the fuego.

which store?

lmbfisherman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lmbfisherman » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:35 am

It is a local tackle shop up here in Ontario, Canada. In Kitchener, Ontario - Natural Sports.

I mean it looks nice, but I just don't know if I'd ever use a spinning rod at the power/action since I have several BCs in that range. lol Still, it looks like a great deal. So I'm mulling it. If you live nearby, by all means go get it! lol

Redfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Redfish » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:06 pm

That is good pricing on both rods...I used to have the same Fuego and used it alot for weightless plastics (one of the few spinning setups I had left) The H Zillion I cant help you with...I only own a M/F Zillion rod and use it for jerkbaits and it is awesome IMO for that.