St.Croix, GLoomis question

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
tracker01
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

St.Croix, GLoomis question

Post by tracker01 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:23 am

I think I read somewhere that comparing a Loomis to a Croix, that a med. GLoomis is comparable to a med. light St.Croix or the other way around. Yes, no, maybe? I have a 6'6" Avid med. and I just got a GLoomis 6'6" GL3 med. and they are different when it comes to flex.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: St.Croix, GLoomis question

Post by Cal » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:32 am

If you have one of each then you should be able and tell, no? ;) ... Generally speaking the St. Croix sticks behave more stoutly than a G.Loomis of the same lure weight rating.

tracker01
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tracker01 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:28 am

Cal wrote:If you have one of each then you should be able and tell, no? ;) ... Generally speaking the St. Croix sticks behave more stoutly than a G.Loomis of the same lure weight rating.
Yes I do have both sticks. I was just wondering if this is the norm between St. Croix and GLoomis. Thanks for your comments.

Mags00
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Mags00 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:24 am

I notice more of a difference between the product lines not necessarily say Avid and GL3 both should be very similar aside from the action and that should be fairly close.

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:08 am

St. Croix medium power is more like a medium heavy power Loomis but actions are pretty close if not the same.

skeletor6
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by skeletor6 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:06 pm

tracker01 wrote:I think I read somewhere that comparing a Loomis to a Croix, that a med. GLoomis is comparable to a med. light St.Croix or the other way around. Yes, no, maybe? I have a 6'6" Avid med. and I just got a GLoomis 6'6" GL3 med. and they are different when it comes to flex.
Generally speaking (not including every rod in every series), but from what I have found is that St. Croix rods fish about a power heavier.

e.g.) Medium powered St. Croix = Medium Heavy or 3 powered Loomis