Airrus Rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Susitnasalmonguide
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Airrus Rods

Post by Susitnasalmonguide » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:19 pm

I'm interested in discussing how well the new Airrus rods are working out. I'm particularly interested in the heavier spinning rod models. I currently own some of the older Co-matirx 457, Ultra XL, and Puls-R rods and would like to know if there have been significant improvements in performance in the newer models currently offered by Airrus.

Thanks in advance for any insights you may be able to provide.

Susitnasalmonguide

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Airrus Rods

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:03 am

I have posted a few threads regarding the new Airrus rods and got zero responses. I guess people are not fishing them or something. Looking on Tacklewarehouse reviews, well, there aren't any (very few anyhow). I would think the Co-Matrix line has to be an improvement from the previous rods. Same blank concept, split grip, micro guides, exposed reel seat all equal a lighter finished product. I was real close to ordering a Micro-Puls, but after looking at the handle lengths they are much to long for my taste. Good luck, and keep us posted -

Susitnasalmonguide
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Susitnasalmonguide » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:32 pm

Hogsticker2,

Thanks for the reply -- you are right it is difficult getting much new information -- I had already read the skimpy reviews posted on the Tackle Warehouse website. I also submitted a request for additional information through the http://www.rodsbyairrus.com website, but have not heard anything back from them -- yet. Surely someone on the tackletour forum must own one of the newer models and be willing to enlighten us.

Sustinasalmonguide

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:29 pm

According to the "What is your favorite rod" poll, seven people voted for Airrus being their favorite rods. So either they have changed their minds since then or maybe the rods are so good they are trying to keep them a secret.
:-$ :lol:

AirrusRods
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by AirrusRods » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:23 am

Mr Susitnasalmonguide, we in the company read this board pretty often, we pay attention to the ideas and opinions of avid fisherman like the ones in this community. We missed this topic.

I think you already had the chance to talk with Mr. Whiting about your requests. If you need any further technical information dont't hesitate to contact us.

Airrus Rods

Buck2thPerch
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Buck2thPerch » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:13 am

BAMM!

And Airrus responds. =D>

I am very interested in the Nano Fusion rod. Looks really nice!!

Fish 30acre
Angler
Angler

Post by Fish 30acre » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:41 am

love me some airrus rods. have their older pulsar and ultra xl. tube handle separated on the pulsar, they said theyd replace it back then, but have since been bought out by who theyre with now. theyre lineup now seems better than ever, and personally, i like that not many ppl know about them.

@AirrusRods, do you still cover your lifetime warranty on the old models??

Ghoti
Angler
Angler

Post by Ghoti » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:38 pm

I didn't realize Airrus folks frequented this board. Kudos to you guys for paying attention.

I have a 7'2" Tradition spinning rod, MH, 6-15lb line rating.

I bought this a few years ago and then got on a silly "baitcast only" kick, so I didn't use it much until last year. That's when I discovered that I really liked the rod. Just a bit late on my part as they are no longer in production.

I'd love to find the medium power version. I think it was rated for 4-10lb line.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but since Airrus is already paying attention to this one, I put it here.

AirrusRods
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by AirrusRods » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:47 am

@Buck2thPerch
The Nano Fusion is really interesting indeed. I'm aware of the fact that the word "sensitive" is really abused in the market, but when I tested it for the first time I was stunned with what I felt in my hand. The best way is try the rod, if you have the chance.

@Fish 30acre
Thank you, we really love the old models too. These rods are the inspiration, we are trying to evolve the same concepts. About the puls-r handle, it's a really simple thing to repair, just use some two-component glue, it will last for another 10 years. We, as stated on the website, are not able to cover a lifetime warranty on rods we did not build. To be really clear, it's unlikely that a defective blank breaks after several years, this type of breakage happens usually during the first week of use. We off-course cover all the manufacturing or component defects.

@Ghoti
We follow this board really often, it's important to understand what the fisherman feel and think to grow as a rod manufacturer. About the Tradition, it's one of the most underrated rods ever built, probably because of the ugly look, but at the same time it's an amazing rod with really advanced blank and ideas. Unfortunately we don't have any more tradition in stock, sorry.

I'm available for any further information you need.

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:09 pm

Bumping up!

Bought Micropuls X. I'll write review after fields tests. I'm very excited!

Batson-Brands
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Batson-Brands » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:54 pm

MardukFIN wrote:Bumping up!

Wonderful!! After lets talk.. I would like to get you into a custom :)

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:22 pm

Batson-Brands wrote:
MardukFIN wrote:Bumping up!

Wonderful!! After lets talk.. I would like to get you into a custom :)
:lol:

To Airrus crew: Make Zero casting version plz! Wanted to pair 7' UL stick with new Aldebaran!

Airrus USA
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Airrus USA » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:22 am

There are several new models coming for the Zero. Are you looking for an ultra-Light casting? I would suggest a MMF X Entity. It's designed for very light fishing, yet has unmatched power.

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:55 am

Sorry my english..

UPS delivered my Micropuls X. WHAT A ROD, GODDAMIT! :shock:

First i was disapointed about overall weight, 130g. Then i paired it w Steez and it was perfectly balanced. I instantly noticed, how powerful this blank is.

At field tests i cast 7-40+g lures easily. (max is 5/8oz, 18g) Sensitivity is awesome. You can feel everything what happens at the end of the line! And backbone.. There's plenty of power. I cant wait fight with 100+cm northern pike with this cane. :)

Microguides was nice. Haven't tested w fluoro-leader yet.

Overall quality is very good. Handle, reel seat and finishing is very nice.
Attachments
Steez_Airrus.jpg
Steez_Airrus.jpg (69.72 KiB) Viewed 8823 times
Airrus_decal.jpg
Airrus_decal.jpg (41.53 KiB) Viewed 8823 times

Batson-Brands
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Batson-Brands » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:05 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:I have posted a few threads regarding the new Airrus rods and got zero responses. I guess people are not fishing them or something. Looking on Tacklewarehouse reviews, well, there aren't any (very few anyhow). I would think the Co-Matrix line has to be an improvement from the previous rods. Same blank concept, split grip, micro guides, exposed reel seat all equal a lighter finished product. I was real close to ordering a Micro-Puls, but after looking at the handle lengths they are much to long for my taste. Good luck, and keep us posted -
I know someone that will sell you an Xentity for a really great price!!