Team All Star

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Team All Star

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:31 pm

So I found a Team All Star on line for dirt cheap, lets say 30 bucks shipped. This rod has never been used, however it is an original. It reads Houston, Texas and IM10 on the blank. I understand they have not been building these rods in Houston since like 2003, and when SS took over they kinda went downhill. Seems a bit strange, but I believe this is an original. The butt cap is plastic rather than foam on the made in China rods. So I guess what I'm getting at is if this is a decent rod or not. Anyone still have one of these? I don't really need another rod, however don't want to pass up the opportunity.

be85
Angler
Angler

Re: Team All Star

Post by be85 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:36 pm

The old usa all star rods a good rod. My dad still uses them. I would get it if i were you.

taylor5877
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by taylor5877 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:18 pm

decent rod for $30, but don't expect $100-$150 rod quality.

Most of those are pretty heavy by today's standards.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:51 am

The days of the U.S.A. crafted T38x, T40x,T80x (granted the T80x was known to explode if fished too hard) and Titaniums are LONG GONE...what used to be a great rod company is now only a shell.

My two cents.

$30 for what appears to be an original USA made IM10...why not? You're gonna drop that just having a buger and a few beers watching football/baseball/etc. in a bar and grille anyway.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Buck2thPerch
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Buck2thPerch » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:59 am

dragon1 wrote:having a buger and a few beers
I couldn't stop laughing....... :lol: :mrgreen: :big grin:

Soo true!!! Nothing like a true man eating his buger and washing it down with beer.......
Marine General Staff - Duluth MN
**What is fishing?**

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:05 am

Buck2thPerch wrote:
dragon1 wrote:having a buger and a few beers
I couldn't stop laughing....... :lol: :mrgreen: :big grin:

Soo true!!! Nothing like a true man eating his buger and washing it down with beer.......
We're on a roll man...takes good GREEN BEER TOO! :lol: :big grin:
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."