any more ballistic reviews?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

any more ballistic reviews?

Post by Jason Penn » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:40 pm

i've searched and came up with just a little bit on the ballistic rods. any more in-depth reviews from users after getting more time with them? i've got the 6'9" mh & 7'1" h coming in a couple of weeks and really hoping these can satisfy my worm/jig rod needs till i can replace my steez rods i had to sell.

also any comparisons on weight?

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: any more ballistic reviews?

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:25 pm

I am also very curious about these rods. Especially the 6'9. Anyone using these? What is this new bias x torque graphite all about? The handle looks very similar to the zillion. Do they offer a decent level of sensitivity, tip heavy? How about the exclusive Daiwa reel seat.....

EJP1234
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: any more ballistic reviews?

Post by EJP1234 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:16 am

I played with them at BPS, though no reel was mounted and I certainly didn't fish them...

They were well balanced and actions seemed to be a bit crisp like on the zillions. They have high finishes, and are the typical Daiwa build quality. They were light, though had more weight then the steez line, but certainly not an anchor like the skeet reese rods.

Overall for the price point I wouldn't hesitate, seemed to be a good rod and I think you will be satisfied.