Okuma Concept C3-40x?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Bassboss
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Okuma Concept C3-40x?

Post by Bassboss » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:51 pm

Got a summer job bailing hay, they pay aint great, but it's monkey fodder! ;)

Looking around ebay for what can be had for cheap, but say the Okuma Concept C3-40x for around 100 dollars. I've always loved the idea of carbon handles, and really like allot of the components of this rod! =D> While it's aint much predier then a horses ass, it look like a good rod!

So what do yall say? I'll probably use it mainly as a jig and worm rod, and move my XML to moving bait presentations, so how's the sensitivity?

Thanks!

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Okuma Concept C3-40x?

Post by smalljaw » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:59 pm

If you like carbon grips then I would suggest saving a little more and get a Cashion, I don't know about the C3 concept but based on the action of other Okuma rods it will be on the moderate side and maybe not the best choice for a jig and worm rod.
Barlow's Tackle

Bassboss
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bassboss » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:06 pm

smalljaw wrote:If you like carbon grips then I would suggest saving a little more and get a Cashion, I don't know about the C3 concept but based on the action of other Okuma rods it will be on the moderate side and maybe not the best choice for a jig and worm rod.
So a little limber then? If so that sucks, I like a rod a little of the stiffer side... first baitcasting rod I used was a lighting rod, which are pretty stiff for their rating, guess I got used to it. :)

big_gee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by big_gee » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:43 am

Okuma makes a 7'2"H rod that is on the stiff side. I'm thinking of getting one for jigs. I like a rod that is a little more stout and the Okuma fit right in to that. If you want something a little more stout go with the Heavy and not the MH. For the price you can't go wrong.

bassbandit
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassbandit » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:33 pm

It really must vary between the different rod series because I have 3 of the first generation C3's and none are moderate. So far, I've enjoyed each model. In particular, I really like the 6'8 MH.

I am very curious about the new models, but I am kind of set for a while on rods.

Bassboss
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Bassboss » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:42 pm

Bump.

Anyone info on this rod would be great... anything at all! :)