New Team Daiwa T rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Heronimo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

New Team Daiwa T rod

Post by Heronimo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:32 am

Well, I made the plunge and picked up my first "high end" :lol: rod- at least for me it's high end. I don't own any rods that cost me more than $30, so this would have been an expensive pickup. I purchased it from TW in their used/closeout section. It's a new rod, 7' 2pc spinning rod MH, it's just a model they don't carry. Got it with the 20% discount so it cost me $35! Can't complain at that price. I will say for a 7 footer and MH, it feels very light and responsive. Going to use it primarily for pulling bass out of pads and grassbeds along with the occassional pike. Will primarily fish with 30# braid for spro frog, spinnerbait and larger jerk/swimbaits.

meach
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: New Team Daiwa T rod

Post by meach » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:29 am

your the SOB that bought it before i could..lol, j/k congrats on nabbing a great deal... i was looking for a heavy duty travel spinning rod that i could take w me on hikes that could serve as an "all purpose" rod..those are rated for up to 1oz , is that a stretch or do you feel it could handle a lure that weighs an oz?? I do alot stream fishing for smallies when i go hiking so i usually take just one spinning rod but last year i found a few quarries nearby that hold some LMB and Pike so im in the market for something on the heavier side that could handle a super spook or even a 6' punker and still be sensitive for smaller presentations.....i camp in a tent and drive a coupe so bringing more than one set up is a hassle..thanks for your input..
You must unlearn what you have learned

Heronimo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Heronimo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:40 pm

I think it can handle 1 oz, but I won't throw anything else heavier than that in sweetwater. Targetting Musky and big pike with big spinners and cranks should be ideal for this rod. Also, fishing for stripers in the delaware should be fun.

meach
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by meach » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:42 pm

i was hoping it could handle a 6' molded punker..lol the pike and musky here crush those..
You must unlearn what you have learned