best Dobyns rod for jerkbaits?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
civicrr
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: best Dobyns rod for jerkbaits?

Post by civicrr » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:56 am

froteur wrote:i asked dobyns that specific question. for those baits, he recommends the 702cb (that's what he uses)
uh...your fingers must have slipped. no such animal :D

As noted by Zodiac, Gary likes the 704CB.

Either the 4 or 5 power rods will work. I prefer the 5 power sticks. As you can see, others prefer the 4 powers. I like the extra power because I fish the Delta most of the time which has a lot of heavy weed cover. If I was fishing the foothill lakes around me (clear water & very light cover), I'd probably go with the 704CB.

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: best Dobyns rod for jerkbaits?

Post by froteur » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:24 am

civicrr wrote:
froteur wrote:i asked dobyns that specific question. for those baits, he recommends the 702cb (that's what he uses)
<<uh...your fingers must have slipped. no such animal :D

As noted by Zodiac, Gary likes the 704CB.

Either the 4 or 5 power rods will work. I prefer the 5 power sticks. As you can see, others prefer the 4 powers. I like the extra power because I fish the Delta most of the time which has a lot of heavy weed cover. If I was fishing the foothill lakes around me (clear water & very light cover), I'd probably go with the 704CB.[/quote]>>

i can speelll but i can't tipe. :big grin: you are, indeed, correct .... the 704cb.

oh yeah .... i was at that very same seminar ..."I" am the one that asked that question. asked gary again in the shop when i couldn't remember his answer (alzheimer's) :big grin: :big grin: sounds like zodiac asked too.

and ...... i probably should have read further before i answered. :big grin: