Dobyns Rods up for Sale?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
BASSLAYER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Dobyns Rods up for Sale?

Post by BASSLAYER » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:47 am

Just noticed recently that a lot of Dobyns Rods are up for sale in the forum.

I wonder why, is it cause Dobyns is coming up with a something new or are people just left wanting more.

I hear a lot of praises that they are the best thing since sliced bread, if that was the case i would not sell.

You can pry my GLX's out of my dead hands as I will never sell them, I consider them keepers for life.
Kenjutsu
(剣術)

meach
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Dobyns Rods up for Sale?

Post by meach » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:55 am

my guess is that there is a handful of new lengths and actions that people want to get there hands on..
You must unlearn what you have learned

wiscobassin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by wiscobassin » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:57 am

BASSLAYER wrote:Just noticed recently that a lot of Dobyns Rods are up for sale in the forum.

I wonder why, is it cause Dobyns is coming up with a something new or are people just left wanting more.

I hear a lot of praises that they are the best thing since sliced bread, if that was the case i would not sell.

You can pry my GLX's out of my dead hands as I will never sell them, I consider them keepers for life.
Funny I noticed more GLX's for sale than Dobyn's...i'd have to agree they came out with some new models and actions.

Smalleyez
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Smalleyez » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:12 pm

You never know WHAT is going to come through that door! :lol:
RRR (Round Reels Rule!)

Smalleyez
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Smalleyez » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:15 pm

...just to add, it seems to go through cycles. I saw some Steez's moving around a while back (I found one.. :oops: ), then you'll see a few St Croix, then ...
RRR (Round Reels Rule!)

BASSLAYER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BASSLAYER » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:08 pm

I'm sure i will get a lot of FLAK from those that prefer to fish Dobyns rods maybe a few hate PM's.

But in all fairness if a rod is that good why would you sell it, as Wisco put it to try out other rods that are new for 2011.

Why take a hit? as you wont get nearly what you paid for it. Logic would tell you that just buy the new model with the new length & action.

Not hating just illustrating.

I will give Dobyns another chance and get a spin DX in the near future.
Kenjutsu
(剣術)

cst
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cst » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:18 pm

BASSLAYER wrote:I'm sure i will get a lot of FLAK from those that prefer to fish Dobyns rods maybe a few hate PM's.

But in all fairness if a rod is that good why would you sell it, as Wisco put it to try out other rods that are new for 2011.

Why take a hit? as you wont get nearly what you paid for it. Logic would tell you that just buy the new model with the new length & action.

Not hating just illustrating.

I will give Dobyns another chance and get a spin DX in the near future.
They could be upgrading to a higher end model or they could have initially bought a rod that was too light or too powerful for the technique they had intended it to be used for. Or maybe they're short on cash.

civicrr
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by civicrr » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:29 pm

I've sold a lot of really good rods to buy others. I sold my GLoomis when switching to St Croix LTB. Sold my St Croix when fishing Cumara & Zillions. Sold the Cumara & Zillions as they were replaced with St Croix Elite/Xtreme. You get the idea.

If I buy a new rod for a certain technique, I plan to fish the new rod, not the old one. If I thought the old one would be better, I wouldn't have bought the new one. Once I confirm I like the new rod better, the old rod would just sit in the garage, collect dust & take up space. Why would I keep the old one(s)? If I did, I'd literally have over a hundred rods.

There have been times when the 'new' rod isn't what I expected. In those cases, the 'new' rod goes up for sale.

When selling the used rod, you do take a hit. I find that better than the old rod just sitting & collecting dust.

ppFishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ppFishing » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:37 pm

Don't know why people want to sell their Dolbyns, but keep them coming :big grin:
I am with you about the GLX. If I had one, it would be hard to give it up.

BASSLAYER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BASSLAYER » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:39 pm

My bad for any frivolous banter.

I do the same I sell so I can trade up or just get tired of a rod and try something new.

But I usually go by word of mouth by people here on TT or when they do a review, when they claim a rod is "THE ONE" it usually piques my intrest hence my BCR893 GLX, NRX JWR 852, Croix Extreme 7MH....

There are certain forum members that dont talk out of their arse and i pay close attention to what they recommed. Unlike "others" that claim they got this or that, by what "these others" recommend they have every rod (length/action) and every reel by every tackle manufacturer USDM or JDM. It just makes me run farther away from what they recommend.

Most fishermen are liar's but come on fellas its just getting ridiculous, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. [-X

As they say to each his own...
Kenjutsu
(剣術)

Vince Borges
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Vince Borges » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:41 pm

People starting to already save up for the new T46 Phenix's!! :D
Phenix Rods : Pro Worms : TNT Baits : Blackwater

v3n0m
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by v3n0m » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:20 am

BASSLAYER wrote:My bad for any frivolous banter.

I do the same I sell so I can trade up or just get tired of a rod and try something new.

But I usually go by word of mouth by people here on TT or when they do a review, when they claim a rod is "THE ONE" it usually piques my intrest hence my BCR893 GLX, NRX JWR 852, Croix Extreme 7MH....

There are certain forum members that dont talk out of their arse and i pay close attention to what they recommed. Unlike "others" that claim they got this or that, by what "these others" recommend they have every rod (length/action) and every reel by every tackle manufacturer USDM or JDM. It just makes me run farther away from what they recommend.

Most fishermen are liar's but come on fellas its just getting ridiculous, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. [-X

As they say to each his own...
I agree the amount of product pimping on these boards gets old real fast! It's like watching WFN for an hour or two! :lol: :lol: :big grin:
~>V{e}N{o}M<~

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:04 am

I picked up a pair of DXs if you want to check them out

robchik04
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by robchik04 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:10 am

Probably no reason other than needing a new length, action, or just need cash. I know sometimes, I'll use a rod, LOVE it, but just feel i could use something different. Had a Powell 703CB Glass, Really like it, but prefer graphite or composite rods for cranking. Now i'm debating selling my glass rod.

I wouldn't read too much in to it.
robchik.com

BASSLAYER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BASSLAYER » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:13 am

fishingandfords wrote:I picked up a pair of DXs if you want to check them out
Still wating to check out you Powell Frog rod, I went the other day to the "pond" @ 111th and caught about 7 dinks. My NRX is SAWEET!!! :big grin:
Kenjutsu
(剣術)