Black Duckett Rod?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
mattbassmaster
Angler
Angler

Black Duckett Rod?

Post by mattbassmaster » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:16 pm

go to flw outdoors.com and look at scroggins video of him breaking down his baits. he has a black rod and i dont think hes dumb enough to use a black rod with duckett on the same tour as him. Also, on the St.Johns river he was using a black rod with the red machined winding checks, the same ones on the white rods and heres a link with a photo of him with the black rod on deck.
http://www.lurenet.com/FishingResources ... fourth.htm

Anybody know about this? they look sweet and i want one! lol :lol:
IM GONNA MISS HER

mattbassmaster
Angler
Angler

Re: Black Duckett Rod?

Post by mattbassmaster » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:47 pm

http://www.flwoutdoors.com/bassfishing/ ... ee-videos/
heres that flw video, its rite near the end
IM GONNA MISS HER

pharmboy2010
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by pharmboy2010 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:23 pm

Probably one of the Laser Lure reaction bait rods.

falcon
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by falcon » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:32 pm

I've seen scroggins using many different rods. On some shows I've seen him use like 3 different brands in one show.
Legend Alpha 211/Merc 250 Pro XS

mattbassmaster
Angler
Angler

Post by mattbassmaster » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:26 am

the laserlure rods are bright red though and these rods are jet black. and ive have seen the guy using steezes while being sponsored by castaway but you can tell that these are ducketts
IM GONNA MISS HER

LordRiper
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by LordRiper » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:06 am

don't like white o red... so he paint it black :lol: :lol:
-- Salim Giacoman --
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:36 pm

blacks been done...oh about a million times. I like the white duckett and orange laser lure. He probably has a specially painted one for him to make his rods for jigs and cranks more easily distinguishable. Who knows?

Pmedicbm
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Pmedicbm » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:54 am

I bet it's that Steez Compile-X he was using at Falcon a few years back where he was jacking them the last 3 days and almost came from behind to win..? I believe Paul Elias won it?? Ducketts guys probably took it re-gripped, guided it and sent it back to him..? When first saw him using the Compile-X I did a double take, because I knew he had to of been sponsored by another company, but it was in fact the Steez.. It's a long shot really, but worthy of a rewrap etc if he really digs the rod..? I've toyed with the idea of putting micros on mine, but still haven't gotten the nerve up to do it yet.... I've got the guides sitting on the workbench too.... Call me crazy but I just can't seem to void a lifetime warranty on a $500+ rod for some reason... :?
Pmedicbm

smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by smalljaw » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:35 pm

Somewhere there is a pic of Byron Velvick using a black rod while he was on the Duckett payroll, a lot of anglers claim he was using rogue rods while other claim it was a loomis, I'm not sure but the handle on the black rod on Scroggins deck looks just like the Duckett rods only black, maybe a special series just for him?
Barlow's Tackle

5poundhooker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 5poundhooker » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:45 am

The black swimbait rod Velvick was using was definitely a Rogue you can tell by the label in the Bassmasters show on Clear lake. Unless Boyd Duckett is buying his blanks from Rogue. If you pay as much attention to tackle as I do do when I watch fishing shows you will notice that they try to sneek that stuff in like nobody pays attention to the equipment that they are using. I think at Guntersville Davy Hite last year for a very small portion of the show he was crankin with a tour KVD rod and the next frame he was using an All Star ASR crankin rod. I think they use what works best for them when no one is watching sometimes. For that kind of money at stake you can't blame them too much.

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:13 am

I just watched the St Johns BASS T I had DVR'd and he was using the black rod throwing a crankbait.