New Cumara question

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
bnl
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

New Cumara question

Post by bnl » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:57 am

Anyone using the new Cumaras? Either the CUC74H or the CUC77H?

I am really interested in both and wanted to hear some first hand comments.

I want CUC74 for 1/2 oz jigs. Will it be overpowered? Great jig rod?

I want the CUC77 for flipping, frogs and small swimbaits. Will it perform for all three?

What's the action like on these rods? Is it similar to the CUC72MH?

Thanks!

robchik04
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New Cumara question

Post by robchik04 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:42 am

A friend of mine bought the punch rod a week or two ago... directly from a shimano rep through some in-store promotion at one of our local retailers. He said he likes it. Really light weight.
robchik.com

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:23 pm

Did you ask this in the Shimano forum? I'm sure bantam will be able to give you a good answer.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:25 pm

I've had the chance to play with both. They seem to be geared towards the guys who prefer a slightly more parabolic action, for example when using braid and jigs, worms, frogs, etc. The 7'4" version makes a fantastic jig and carolina rig rod (for those who like throwing c-rigs) in deeper water and pitches jigs nicely. It's also very good for swim jigs around heavier cover. I haven't had a chance to mat fish the 7'7" but it seems like it has what it takes to do the job well. It can handle big football jigs in deep water with ease and from what I felt, I wouldn't hesitate to throw frogs or small swimbaits with it.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap