Damiki Angel ex 2pc. rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
olamagic
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Damiki Angel ex 2pc. rod

Post by olamagic » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:39 am

Have been looking for a good two piece rod . The Damiki Angel ex looks interesting. Does anybody have any input about this rod ?

ec1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Damiki Angel ex 2pc. rod

Post by ec1 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:34 am

I have an MLXF that I use for dropshotting. No problems with it whatsoever.
I'm pretty sure there are more sensitive rods out there, but remember it's only 80 bucks! Looks awesome too! I might end up switching reels and pairing it with a patriarch spinning reel too.

On a side note, this rod in ML doesn't handle weeds too well, and don't even think about trying to crank with it.

bassbandit
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassbandit » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:58 pm

I used to have the 6'6 MH casting version. I thought it was a very nice rod for $80. Sensitivity was good, and it was very light. It also looked hot.

Now for the negatives. In my eyes, the rod is overated. It was rated to 1 oz, but 3/4 oz. seemed a bit more realistic. It also drove me crazy that there were so many threads on the reel seat that I couldn't put my finger on the blank when fishing plastics.

Overall, I'd say it's worth the price.

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:23 pm

That's a good piece of info there bassbandit. I was looking at purchasing a 2 piece casting rod to keep in my trunk. Looks like I might pick up the Damiki Med-Hvy rod.

TeamDaiwaRick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by TeamDaiwaRick » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:51 pm

I used to have the 6'6" casting and spinning model. I think both are nice rod and they worth the money.

olamagic
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by olamagic » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:48 am

THANKS !!!!!!
Looks like I 'm going to be ordering one. \:D/

husonfirst
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by husonfirst » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:01 pm

I bought one when it first came out. The first one had a cracked guide insert. Since it was purchased at a fishing show, I had to send it in for a warranty replacement. I had the lower power casting rod...can't remember if it was labeled a Med. The rod's action felt like a Moderate. Good for crankbaits maybe but not as an all purpose rod.

bassbandit
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassbandit » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:33 am

husonfirst wrote:I bought one when it first came out. The first one had a cracked guide insert. Since it was purchased at a fishing show, I had to send it in for a warranty replacement. I had the lower power casting rod...can't remember if it was labeled a Med. The rod's action felt like a Moderate. Good for crankbaits maybe but not as an all purpose rod.
Good point about the rod action label being misleading. I can't offer comments on the M though since I never fished it.

The MH is labeled extra fast, but I'd say it was a regular "fast". I fished wacky rigged 5 inch Senko's on mine most of the time and it did a good job IMO. It isn't really my ideal rod that, but it performed well for me.