The best spinning rod?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
teamdaiwa5
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: The best spinning rod?

Post by teamdaiwa5 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:52 am

I hope so!

Canuckbass
Angler
Angler

Post by Canuckbass » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:54 am

I switched all my rods to Dobyns, I have owned or tried every rod model available and overall performance, balance and sensitivity Dobyns is superior in my opinion.
Follow that up with knowledgle educated store staff and warranty it was an easy decision.
I don't like the fact that Gary Loomis is not building for Loomis anymore, the products are not the same as they were a few years ago.
Finally Dobyns Rods are available in Canada for all of us to enjoy.

lpquick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by lpquick » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:06 am

Best spinning and best casting NRX hands down.
Fish Busters.jpg

:evil22:
Rods & Reels Excite me!

BASSLAYER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BASSLAYER » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:19 am

Canuckbass wrote:I switched all my rods to Dobyns, I have owned or tried every rod model available and overall performance, balance and sensitivity Dobyns is superior in my opinion.
Follow that up with knowledgle educated store staff and warranty it was an easy decision.
I don't like the fact that Gary Loomis is not building for Loomis anymore, the products are not the same as they were a few years ago.
I will go out on a limb and state the Loomis outsells Dobyns by a large margin

Shimano aquired Loomis for obvious reasons Gary L. probably made a killing selling. If you cant beat them aquire them...

Shimano has been around a long time and build quality products, Dobyns just appreared on the scene talk to me 5 or 10 years from now we will see where each company is @.
Kenjutsu
(剣術)

North Branch
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by North Branch » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:14 am

Without fishing them all, it's impossible to say which one is the best. I have a St. Croix LTB and a LE spinning rod. There are both great rods. I now also have a custom St. Croix Legend Xtreme that I'm betting will become my favorite.

With that said, I bet the Loomis NRX rods are awesome, as are the Dobyns, as are probably several others. I wish I could afford them all and give a true "hands on" opinion. :mrgreen:

I think any top brands would make a great choice... just depends on how much one is willing to spend on a "stick". :lol:

teamdaiwa5
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by teamdaiwa5 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:16 pm

Just received and fished my NRX822 SYR today. Matched it with my newly acquired Steez 2500 and off I went. I got into some fish on a shakeyhead, as well as on some dingers. I was fishing a 1/8 oz Tru Tungsten Ikey Ball Ballbuster with a Flirt worm from RI. Hell of a stick. Fish were taken off the first drop from a spawning flat, in 12-16 foot of water. Could feel the difference between rock/gravel/mud. This may be my new favorite stick, we will see if I pick it up before my compile-x for finesse as the season wears on.

Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hulkster » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:06 pm

I think they are on the rebound bigtime.

for two reasons:

1. the NRX rods
2. the TSR trout series ultralight/light rods - I have the 791 and it is amazing.

both have glowing reviews all over the place.

with rods like these, you'd swear Gary never left.