The best spinning rod?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
arrowslinger1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: The best spinning rod?

Post by arrowslinger1 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:18 pm

My favortie to date is the loomis 811 bronzeback 6'9''.

DavidSA
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DavidSA » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:54 pm

The Gloomis BSR852 GLX should be in this discussion somewhere. If a better all purpose finesse spinning rod exits, I'd like to try it. This is only spinning rod I care to own other then upgrading it to a NRX version.

What makes is special is the super light tip yet a strong backbone. Though called a Senko rod, I find it works great with flukes, drop shots, small t-rigs and shaking worms. Nothing I seek to throw on a spinning rod can it not do well. 7lb bass no problem. Heavy hyrdilla is the only place where you will find the rod can be over powered by a fish.

BASSLAYER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BASSLAYER » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:54 pm

DavidSA wrote:The Gloomis BSR852 GLX should be in this discussion somewhere. If a better all purpose finesse spinning rod exits, I'd like to try it. This is only spinning rod I care to own other then upgrading it to a NRX version.

What makes is special is the super light tip yet a strong backbone. Though called a Senko rod, I find it works great with flukes, drop shots, small t-rigs and shaking worms. Nothing I seek to throw on a spinning rod can it not do well. 7lb bass no problem. Heavy hyrdilla is the only place where you will find the rod can be over powered by a fish.
x100^10

Forgot to add Shaky heads and wacky jigs.

Get the NRX its INSANE with no membrane.

Oops forgot to mention the get out of Jail free card(wildcard) just got mine in the mail the other day.
Kenjutsu
(剣術)

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:18 pm

For bottom contact presentations, my vote goes to the NRX 852s JWR. I used to have the BSR 852s GLX and absolutely loved it, but have since replaced it with the NRX version. It is absolutely incredible and I own and have owned quite a few high end JDM and USDM spinning rods...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

p4pfisherman
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by p4pfisherman » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:32 pm

Best spinning rod? That's hard to say, but for me that would have to be 6' 8"steez compile x..that's a bad a$$ walleye rod! With plenty of power.

RonH
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by RonH » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:06 pm

I have both Loomis and St. Croix spinning rods. I really think the Avid is the best spinning rod for the price, and I have Legend Tournaments and Elites. In the Loomis line, as another poster mentioned, he prefers the SJR782 in GL3 because of the handle, complared to the same rod in IMX. I agree with him on that. But, the shorter 72 inch rods in IMX sure have some great tapers for finesse fishing.

mike304
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by mike304 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:34 pm

don't know, haven't tried em all yet :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: . Seriously, I have 2 Loomis IMX's and they are awesome, I can only imagine what the NRX's are like. Someday I hope to find out.
Also, I think I'm gonna have to break down and try a Dobyns rod soon. From all the talk they have to be pretty good!
Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid

phatbass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by phatbass » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:06 pm

bsr852 glx was my best spinning rod I ever used by far.

MasonHuff
Angler
Angler

Post by MasonHuff » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:33 pm

I'm shocked at all the replies. Thanks for your opinions guys. It seems like the Dobyns DX series is the most popular. Next post will be the best casting rod. :D =D>

Bob Ellis
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Bob Ellis » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:34 am

Looks like most replies here are about Loomis and St. Croix products to me.

Still waiting for Dobyns to release the trout, walleye, steelhead, surf, inshore and crappie rods so it is a fair fight... 8-)

DUZBASS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by DUZBASS » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:05 am

Without a doubt the Megabass F3-610DGS AM Limited, just a magical rod that puts all other rods to shame
Düzbomb's Custom Jigs www.facebook.com/DUZBOMBS

Peacheater81
Angler
Angler

Post by Peacheater81 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:09 am

I have a DX742SF that is "NICE!"

robchik04
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by robchik04 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:12 am

MB Shabbler
robchik.com

teamdaiwa5
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by teamdaiwa5 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:21 am

Spinning gear is my crutch. I am much more likely to spend a lot more money on a quality spinning setup. I like to be able to decipher between gravel and muck; rock and wood; at 30 feet down. That being said, the Compile X Steez spinning rod has been my favorite to date. I have a few NRX's on the way, we'll see how they compare.

BASSLAYER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BASSLAYER » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:26 am

teamdaiwa5 wrote:Spinning gear is my crutch. I am much more likely to spend a lot more money on a quality spinning setup. I like to be able to decipher between gravel and muck; rock and wood; at 30 feet down. That being said, the Compile X Steez spinning rod has been my favorite to date. I have a few NRX's on the way, we'll see how they compare.
electric is an understatement in terms of sensitivity with the NRX.
Kenjutsu
(剣術)