Powell Max Deep Cranking Rod!!!!!

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
adam ochoa
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Powell Max Deep Cranking Rod!!!!!

Post by adam ochoa » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:41 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me first say that I'm a deep cranking addict. Theres always a 20ft diver on the deck of my boat 12 months a year and i've probably owned more of them than i can remember. I've always prefered graphite over glass, mostly because it felt more powerful and more sensitive. My preferred rod of choice for the last couple of years has been a Powell 806CB. After talking to Keith Bryan at Powell i was convinced to try the new Composite Deep Cranking Rod sold exclusively at Tackle Warehouse. This rod was simply amazing. When I first held it in my hand it felt really balanced and light weight paired with my Shimano E5. I decided to take it to the lake and put it to work. The Baits of choice were a Lucky Craft R.C 3.5XD, Bassstar Big Mac and a Strike King 6XD. The rod loaded beautifuly on the cast to the point were it seemed almost effortless and it felt strong and sensitive like graphite. Then I got my first fish on and thats were it felt like Glass. Every time the fish surged or made a run the rod softly went with it. I landed several fish on it through out the day including a 6lber and a couple of 5's. Needless to say im sold on this rod. It seems to be the best of glass and graphite rolled into one. I also threw a 3/8oz buzzbait and a 1/2 spinnerbait as well which it handled great. If any one is looking for a Deep Cranking rod or a very versitile rod for multiple reaction baits I would highly recommend this rod.