dobyns frog rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
bassfishin14
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

dobyns frog rod

Post by bassfishin14 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:55 pm

which action would you guys prefer for all around frogging? and the delta a little bit to. im thinking 735c? mabe 736c?this rod will also double as a jig rod. but mostly frogging. if anyone has either or both and would like to comment on them please do!

civicrr
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: dobyns frog rod

Post by civicrr » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:11 am

I prefer the 735C for frogging. I think it will work better for most frogging applications except for the super thick mats. The rod has more tip than the 736. I find it easier to cast & walk frogs with the 735. Still has a ton of power. As far as a jig stick, I also like the 735 better than the 736. Again, I feel that the lighter tip works better for pitching & working the jigs.

The 736 is just a beast! Super powerful with a stiff-ish tip comparatively speaking. This rod is so powerful, you could use it for punching if you wanted a punch stick with a fast action. A really good stick just not one that fits my style of fishing.

With the Chronarch D/Curado E, both rods balance really well. The 735 is right at the reel nut. The 736 is just behind the reel nut literally under the front reel foot.

bassfishin14
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bassfishin14 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:32 am

that is the answer i was looking for. thank you! will be picking up the rod next pay check!

big tom
Angler
Angler

Post by big tom » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:58 am

civicrr wrote:I prefer the 735C for frogging. I think it will work better for most frogging applications except for the super thick mats. The rod has more tip than the 736. I find it easier to cast & walk frogs with the 735. Still has a ton of power. As far as a jig stick, I also like the 735 better than the 736. Again, I feel that the lighter tip works better for pitching & working the jigs.

The 736 is just a beast! Super powerful with a stiff-ish tip comparatively speaking. This rod is so powerful, you could use it for punching if you wanted a punch stick with a fast action. A really good stick just not one that fits my style of fishing.

With the Chronarch D/Curado E, both rods balance really well. The 735 is right at the reel nut. The 736 is just behind the reel nut literally under the front reel foot.
X2... I bought it for a Carolina rod...but with 50# braid it is a great Frog rod!
LUV TO FISH!
http://northwoodsadventures.org