Which Dobyns

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
big tom
Angler
Angler

Re: Which Dobyns

Post by big tom » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:39 am

I have fallen in love with the Dobyns line...
I have the Savvy 703 and Champion 733 and both will work fine... I just picked up a DX 742C for DS and Finesse work and this rod has a lot more pizzaz than I could have imagined with a slightly softer/more sensitive tip than the 733 but plenty of backbone! For the canadian shield Smallie lakes I fish up north, this is one SWEET rod to consider also ! \:D/
LUV TO FISH!
http://northwoodsadventures.org

ppFishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ppFishing » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:03 am

Wasn't even looking to buy a new rod today until I hold the 703c in my hands. And that was that. Congrats on your son.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:28 pm

Cograts on your son! I have never owned a Dobyns so I can't comment otherwise.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

BASSPUNK
Angler
Angler

Post by BASSPUNK » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:49 pm

joejoe83 wrote:
capesmallie wrote:Thanks guys toss up between the 733c and the 703 extreme. May have to get both, writing this from the maternity ward wife just gave birth to my son so it may take me a little while :laugh1:

Congrats! and I would get the DX703

Agree! I think you will be blown away after you get your hands on a Dobyns. I personally dont ever plan on fishing anything but dobyns ... except my GLX BCR853. But you really need to go for the DX, I cant imagine you would have any regrets if you did. All though least important, they are super sharp looking!