New Phenix Rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Mattman
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew
Location: Fergus Falls, MN - Otterods - Hand Crafted High Performance Fishing Rods

Re: New Phenix Rods

Post by Mattman » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:22 am

vishus wrote:has anyone tried / tested / compared a T46 blank (rod) against a NFC blank (rod) and then again against a NRX?
The NRX blanks aren't available.

The NFC's aren't a factory built rod.

Those two will never meet head to head until one is available in the others form.

To have any sort of real comparison, you'd have to have identical models of each blank produced into equivalent rods.
Matt Davis
Otterods-High performance fishing rods

Vince Borges
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Vince Borges » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:40 am

So take a look at the picture of the blank in Cals last review of the new Evergreen. It's about the 5th pic down. Then take a look at the pic in the custom rod section of Harrys new T46 blank as it lays on the scale!! Sorry boys can't say much else than that!! Who said these blanks were made in China! :D and to think that Evergreen wants $950.00 for there rod makes the new Phenix look great at $450.00! But, there's always people that like to talk about things they REALLY no nothing about!! [-X
Phenix Rods : Pro Worms : TNT Baits : Blackwater

STEEZMAN2
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by STEEZMAN2 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:42 am

Give me the lightest, toughest, strongest, most sensitive rod available and I will not care where the hell it was made or by who. :shock:

I do remember reading a post on this forum from "someone" that said something like - being in the buisness and knowing how much it costs to produce rods that there was no way to justify the cost of an NRX.... ;)

robertrinaustin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by robertrinaustin » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:47 am

I don't get it. A $400 Steez rod made in Thailand that isn't any more sensitive than my $100 rod is the bomb around here. How about the JDM rods so popular on here that are made every where but J that start at $400. I guess it's all about the brand and not actually the country of origin.

There aren't blanks from any where right now that can touch the T46s as far as weight goes. I haven't fished them, but again that people I know that have would put them up against any rod out there.

Pen3
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Pen3 » Fri May 13, 2011 7:47 am

Are the only available with micros? I don't mind the extra weight of regular TiSic, but just can't stand those micro guides. I like that they are making it full eva instead of 5 tone cork and it looked very awkward and i had to return it.

biggs
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by biggs » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:08 pm

Any leaks on models or release dates of the Assassin series coming out?? I couldn't find anything.

I have some rod money! Not sure if I should buy 2 of the Assassin series or one Dobyns Extremes!!!
I know they are not the same level but the Assassin series is intruiging and I badly want to try a Phenix rod.
Instagram @___bradb

Vince Borges
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Vince Borges » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:04 pm

Phenix Bass Assassin.jpg
Phenix Bass Assassin.jpg (79.27 KiB) Viewed 4283 times
The new Bass Assassin's just hit our warehouse yesterday! with just 4 days to spare for iCast. These will all be Technique Specific rods. They feature Toray T36 Carbon Fiber blanks, SiC Guides, Fuji Split reel seats, and High End EVA Grips. They will retail starting at $159.00-$189.00.

biggs
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by biggs » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:11 pm

wow, those look nice.
Why did they ditch the rubber covered EVA handles? but its nice to see the SiC inserts over the alconites that I had originally heard were being used.

Can you say how many models in the series?

Thanks for the info Vince and the quick reply.
Instagram @___bradb

BRONZEBACK29
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by BRONZEBACK29 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:53 am

Those are lookin sweet, might have to pick one up......
LIVE TO FISH-FISH TO LIVE

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:15 am

Vince, what is this blank comparable to vs other makes in the market? IMX? SCIII? Powell Max?

Might be the new "hotspot" for power and moving techs in the price range for sure. Even then, braid can make up some of the loss of sensitivity vs the T46 and higher blanks in the Phenix line-up.

I imagine that some buyers for rods in the $150 range will move up and get "more rod" and some buyers of rods in the $225-$250 range may "move down" and save money.

Should be a winner as aesthetically it will be very appealing to lots of folks.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by froteur » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:47 pm

i'm still waiting for the t-46. :big grin:

overdose
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by overdose » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:14 am

those new assassins look sweet! can't wait to get my hands on a couple! \:D/

Vince Borges
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Vince Borges » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:59 am

If you don't get the chance to see them at iCast i am sure you will see a write up of them here on TT :D I have a ton of pics of them but cant release any more than what i already have. But after iCast i would be more than happy to send out as many as you want. The T46 blanks will be shipping out within the next week or two so if your dealer doesn't have them, Have them call me or get me there info and I would be more than happy to talk to them about carrying them.

Thanks Guys!
Vince
And now I have a pane to catch. iCast here I come. =D>

rakuin79
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rakuin79 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:12 pm

Assassin rods look awesome. Its great to see rods priced under 200 that look like enthusiast offerings. Any idea on when these will be released for sale? Thinking it will look good with the new Exo :D

Vince Borges
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Vince Borges » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:24 pm

The Assassin series will be shipping to dealers sometime around the end of August! They were a huge hit and also was the closer on getting us 28 new dealers across the US and 7 new international accts! We can't wait for these rods to ship!!