damiki rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
crappie25
Angler
Angler

damiki rods

Post by crappie25 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:56 pm

anyone fish with these rods, im thinking about buying one.

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: damiki rods

Post by USA-RET » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:30 am

I have two. Angel EX MH two piece and the Dark Angel 6'6" M.

EX is a good two piece trunk rod for the money and the Dark Angel is an excellent one piece rod at it's price point.

When the Dark Angels first came out, they were one of the few, if not the only domestically available (moderately priced) rod that looked like a JDM product (EVA and "blingy" red). I grabbed one as soon as they were available and mounted a TD-Z on it. Since that time the reel has never left that rod. Combo matches up nicely. Balances, and is quite light. The rod is crisp, has good backbone and is rugged. It is one of my favorite rods, even though I have others costing three or four times as much.

Certainly, since the time of it's introduction, the market is "flush" with split grip, EVA blingy looking rods at half the price of the Damiki. However, I would gladly spend the extra money and grab another Damiki ILO one of the newer players,

Let me add that there are two new comers in the domestic market that I have purchased since the Damiki that I feel are noteworthy. The BPS Carbonlite and the new Browning Hi Power. Not quite to the level of the Damiki Dark Angel (IMO), but close.

Given a choice of a rod to fish between the Carbonlite, Hi Power and the Damiki, I grab the Damiki and head to the lake.

Just my opinion, your results may vary. :D
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
¿ <°)))))><

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:54 am

The ones I have had been great rods for the money. I would have liked to see a SIC insert in the guides for the price but overall I can find nothing wrong with the dark angels. The EX, that is my truck rod and I have used it on many creeks and drainage ponds around my house and I really like it.

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:12 am

I have researched and asked around a little bit , have heard nothing but good things about them.

Pmedicbm
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Pmedicbm » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:01 am

I bought a couple from TDrick last year to use for travel rods. They are both the Angle DX's I believe, 2 piece rods, one casting, one spinning.? They are both decent rods for their intended purpose. I haven't owned or used one of the one piece Damiki's yet, but wouldn't hesitate to give one a try...
Pmedicbm

afterbass
Angler
Angler

Post by afterbass » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:55 pm

I have the Dark Angel C66TH. It is X-fast, Heavy action, rated for 12-25 lb. line and 3/8 to 11/4 oz lures. Purchased it with a Daiwa Fuego. Sweet looking combo. Intended to use it for 5" Senkos around tules. This was not the best thought out plan as the heavy action does not lend itself to accuracy. But.....I now use it for light jigs and flipping plastics. It works out nicely for these jobs. I think they are well worth a look.