Fenwick HMG Spinning Rod ?'s

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
bassbandit
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Fenwick HMG Spinning Rod ?'s

Post by bassbandit » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:14 pm

Does anyone have experience with the new HMG spinning rods?

I am very interested in a couple of their one pice rods. Specifically, the 6'6 MH Fast and the 6' M Fast. It seems like a bunch of the one piece rods are rated as mod-fast. I am curious how fast their "fast" is. I am looking for a rod or two for my plastics fishing. I will be fishing mainly 5 and 4 inch Senko's and 5 inch Zipper worms with a 1/8 oz. bullet weight.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

StPaulPike
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Fenwick HMG Spinning Rod ?'s

Post by StPaulPike » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:39 pm

I have a 6'6 Ml. Bought it on the cheap wasnt planning on loving and i do. It's biggest strength is its lightness and sensitivity I was struck by how light it was and i would honestly say its more sensitive then my powell spinning rods. They are much more on the mod-fast action side of things. My only complaint is the cork is 2nd rate not as nice as others. They action id say is pretty close to a dobyns savvy if thats any help not as fast as a powell.

bassbandit
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassbandit » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:25 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I'm very familiar with Powell, so your comments are helpful. I had heard that the "fast" actions weren't really that fast when compared to most other manufacturer's. Do you think your ML is too slow to effectively fish plastics?

StPaulPike
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by StPaulPike » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:47 pm

With the M or MH i think your good. I did some shaky head fishing with mine with 5" gulps and it worked well. For me it has become very versitile from jigging walleyes in 30ft to shaky heads in the shallows for bass.