Rod Hook Keeper

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
wnyBob
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Rod Hook Keeper

Post by wnyBob » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:45 am

Does anyone know of or recommend a rod hook keeper that can be easily attached, for a rod that doesn't have one. i.e. not being a rod builder or repair person, that doesn't require expert winding to attach? I see Cabela's carries a "Fuji EZ keeper" that looks like it attaches with an O ring. Is that a decent one or are there any better choices? Thanks.

BB144
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Rod Hook Keeper

Post by BB144 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:32 am

I like the Fuji EZ Keeper. I've got 3-4 of them, and they work great, even with heavier baits. I've even got one on my musky rod since the stupid stock hook keeper isn't big enough to fit some of the big musky hooks through... ](*,) ](*,)
cabinfeverlures.webs.com
fb.com/CabinFeverLures

vArm
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by vArm » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:42 am

BB144 wrote:I like the Fuji EZ Keeper. I've got 3-4 of them, and they work great, even with heavier baits. I've even got one on my musky rod since the stupid stock hook keeper isn't big enough to fit some of the big musky hooks through... ](*,) ](*,)
X2!
I've had a couple pop off and disappear when I was transporting my rods without the reels on.
At $3 a pop it's no big deal to replace.
MegabassUSA.com

BassBug
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by BassBug » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:11 am

x3!

I use/have these on all eight of my Daiwa rods and have worked awesome. I would recommend buying a few extra as stated above they can pop off.