My male thingie is bigger

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
jcat
Angler
Angler

My male thingie is bigger

Post by jcat » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:16 am

I cannot begin to express in words what this site has done to increase my knowledge and appreciation of good fishing equipment. I have moved from ugly sticks and inexpensine Bass Pro to having two custom gl2's made and I just bought a powell. I SEE WHAT YOU MEAN. WOW !!!!!!!!!! great toy

Now to the subject at hand. I seem to be noticing an increasing amount of arguing / bickering on the site.
I don't believe anyone comes to this site to read a argument about a seventeen year oud making a inappropriate comment, or an excessive argument about how much certain reels weigh. If you are not an expert, and someone makes a comment that is in error, correct them and move on. The rest of us are probably smart enough to do some more research to determiine the real truth.
On the other hand ; if you don't know what you are talking about. Shutup and learn.
Too much valuable information passes here to reduce it to MINE'S BIGGER
Just my opinion John

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My male thingie is bigger

Post by USA-RET » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:19 am

Glad to hear you enjoy the forum. Certainly is a great place to learn about gear and meet some great people. This place has taught me a lot and cost me a ton of money :lol:

The instances you speak of usually occurs during the "Silly Season" ...cabin fever sets in and people get "edgy" :lol:
Not to say there aren't any perpetually confrontational people haunting every website.

It's the wise person that lets them reveal themselves to rest of the community for what they are, and not engage them in petty bickering. It always takes "two to tango". There is a way to disagree without being nasty..it just take a minute or two to choose your words wisely.

Just my perspective. :D
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
¿ <°)))))><

Eric Walsh
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Eric Walsh » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:59 am

Well stated from both of you................. =D> Welcome to the forum jcat!

ogrich31
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ogrich31 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:52 am

This forum has cost me alot of money also. Lol

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:17 pm

I'm a blabbermouth and sometimes I am wrong. :big grin: But I can be easily proven wrong with facts and information available to all. If it's an opinion, then that gets to be a nasty irrelavent argument of male drama or correctly said melodrama. :laugh1:
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:31 pm

I for one like an occasional flame war and have been known to participate in the past.

:big grin:
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:36 pm

This is just the beginning my friend... i started on here over 3 years ago with nothing but a cheapo Daiwa twitchbar crap baitcasting and a few cheap spinning reels.. Now i have reels ive customized and dont event use.. rods too!! Trust me its gonna get bad.. reallllll bad!! :big grin:
neaafishing.com
bocabearings.com
power team lures

gundog
Angler
Angler

Post by gundog » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:28 pm

I am new to this site also. If Im not fishing Im thinking about fishing. Im a married man 35 years old with a stressful job "line work" and a house to keep up. The one thing that keeps me sane is my passion for fishing which is a fire that has been burning since I was very young. I never lost it thats why I dont mind the young kids commenting and getting a little crazy. When I fish Im fishing not drinking or anything else which is hard to find people with that same mentality and so crazed. I fish alone quite a bit :oops: Im trying to say its so nice talking to people with that same passion :D Thats why I really love this site! Ive learned a lot in a short time. Im from the east so we don't have Dobyn's rods or use the same techniques as the west coast guy's and that sparks some arguments and such. Nobody is wrong and all the products that are discussed I believe are truthfully reviewed without prejudice :D so stop :-({|= and start fishing =D>

bstuckey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bstuckey » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:31 pm

mhood wrote:I for one like an occasional flame war and have been known to participate in the past.

I completely disagree. :big grin: I'm still trying to figure out the outrigger comment. ](*,)

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:37 pm

bstuckey wrote:
mhood wrote:I for one like an occasional flame war and have been known to participate in the past.

I completely disagree. :big grin: I'm still trying to figure out the outrigger comment. ](*,)

That's funny :lol:
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
¿ <°)))))><

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:12 pm

Isn't that why you were 1 warning away from banishment?

=))))

O:)

Bob Ellis
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Bob Ellis » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:52 pm

I like mine cheaper and shorter than most guys on here prefer...

v3n0m
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by v3n0m » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:13 pm

gundog wrote:I am new to this site also. If Im not fishing Im thinking about fishing. Im a married man 35 years old with a stressful job "line work" and a house to keep up. The one thing that keeps me sane is my passion for fishing which is a fire that has been burning since I was very young. I never lost it thats why I dont mind the young kids commenting and getting a little crazy. When I fish Im fishing not drinking or anything else which is hard to find people with that same mentality and so crazed. I fish alone quite a bit :oops: Im trying to say its so nice talking to people with that same passion :D Thats why I really love this site!
This guy is a carbon copy of me lol! :laugh1:
~>V{e}N{o}M<~

DrPerf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DrPerf » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:58 pm

jcat wrote:... On the other hand ; if you don't know what you are talking about. Shutup and learn. ...
Unfortunately, those folks who do not know what they are talking about, but talking anyway, are not aware of what they do not know or they would be quiet, observe and learn. Sort of like Rumsfeld's "Known Unknowns" and "Unknown Unknowns" ](*,)

Doc

"We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."
Donald Rumsfeld, former Secretary of Defense
:shock:

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:00 pm

Well translated and quoted Doc.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."