Shimano Cumara Reaction 7'6" ML

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
fishbum
Angler
Angler

Shimano Cumara Reaction 7'6" ML

Post by fishbum » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:32 am

Wanted to see if any one has an opinion on the cumara reaction 7'6" ML.

I'm looking for a rod to handle 1/4 oz cranks, especially bandits (shallow to mid depth).

Will appreciate any feedback on above mentioned rod, or any other rods you recommend for that use.

Mattf
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Shimano Cumara Reaction 7'6" ML

Post by Mattf » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:07 am

I have not fished with the 7'6" ML rod but I have 7'M rod that I use for Bandits, DT6's, Strike King series 3. The rod loads up nice with those baits, I have it paired up with a Curado 50 (with orange seal spool bearings). The 7'M rod paired with the Curado will launch those Bandits. I'm also going to try to see if the rod will handle Norman Little N's and LC Flat Mini CB's. Not sure how it will handle the Norman's and LC but for the others it's a great rod.

Before the site went down there was a thread similar to the question you asked. A couple of guys suggested to use the 7' MH cumara. I was actually going to buy the 7' MH but once I got the 7'M in my hand I choose to go with the M rod.

chasiubao73
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by chasiubao73 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:26 pm

The rod was made for 1/4oz. cranks. Depending on your preference in terms of action of the rod for smaller cranks; the rod is very whippy. I like a slightly faster rod for 1/4oz. cranks. I personally use the CUC-68M and CUC-72M for 1/4oz. cranks. The CUC-70M as mentioned, is another good option. The St. Croix LTB small cranker is another option outside of the Cumara line. The reviews also seem very positive for the Dobyns Champion cranking rods as well the Lucky Craft Fat mini magic though I do not know how either of those handle 1/4oz. cranks.

If you prefer a more whippy rod, the CUC-76ML is a great choice. Other than customs, I haven't really seen many , if any, manufactured rods that can handle 1/8oz. to 1/4oz. cranks over 7'. The rod is pretty unique.

DougL58
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by DougL58 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:59 pm

I love this rod for light cranks and traps. It is light action but still crisp and sensitive. I use the 7'11" MH Reaction for my deep cranks. Love them both!

fishbum
Angler
Angler

Post by fishbum » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:51 am

Thanks for the feedback!