Which is your favorite rod company?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.

Which rod manufacturer is your choice?

G.Loomis
22%
Shimano
8%
Daiwa
5%
St. Croix
15%
Lamiglas
0%
Kistler
4%
Phenix
3%
Abu Garcia
1%
Berkley
0%
Powell
4%
Dobyns Rods
17%
Zombie
0%
Damiki
0%
Falcon
2%
Quantum
0%
e21
0%
Airrus
1%
Duckett Fishing
1%
Denali
1%
Power Tackle
0%
Castaway
0%
iRod
0%
Lucky Craft
No votes
Wright & McGill
No votes
Temple Fork Outfitters
0%
American Rodsmith
No votes
All Star
0%
Pinnacle
0%
Okuma
0%
I'm a JDM Rod Guy. Given a choice, I don't touch the domestics
12%

Total votes: 1357

bhyatt6
Angler
Angler

Re: Which is your favorite rod company?

Post by bhyatt6 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:39 am

Croix!!!! All the way!!

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:40 pm

cal, i'm a little curious...y didn't u put the jdm rod manufacturers in the mix?

spicytuna
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by spicytuna » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:12 pm

I am a G. Loomis fan. My collection consists of:
Mag Bass
Spin Jig
Hot Shot
Salmon Mooching
Salmon Backbounce
Classic Salmon
Classic Steelhead
Salmon Series
Pro Blue
Saltwater Series (discontinued)
Surf Series

However, with the changes in their expedite policy, I considering other companies such as Phenix, Daiwa, and Shimano.

Hyintegrity
Angler
Angler

Post by Hyintegrity » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:17 am

I'm surprised that St. Croix hasn't been mentioned yet.
They offer one of the most top of the line rods along with Loomis and Dobyns.
Also the customer service from St. Croix is in a class of it's own.

I just know when i make an investment in top of the line rods I want to know the company will support me if anything ever happens to it.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:41 am

Hyintegrity wrote:I'm surprised that St. Croix hasn't been mentioned yet.
They offer one of the most top of the line rods along with Loomis and Dobyns.
Also the customer service from St. Croix is in a class of it's own.

I just know when i make an investment in top of the line rods I want to know the company will support me if anything ever happens to it.

9 posts spoke positively about St Croix. How could you say they were not mentioned?

bob75
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bob75 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:43 am

Shimano, but an inexpensive very good rod is the Fenwick in the HMX series. I have a hard time telling any difference between their 6'6" MH Fast action casting rod and my G Loomis 783 IMX

jwfflipper
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jwfflipper » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:54 pm

Well I will have to say the Colmic rods are on top of my list! I do have Dobyns, Daiwas, St. Croix but Colmic has a top notch rod and not a lot of "Bling" to keep the price down. They are as light and sensitive and as well built as any of my other rods and for the money can't be beat!IMHO Used these rods before I became a "ProStaffer" so I knew what I was getting and that is why I joined them! =D> =D>

Jeff Francis
RiverValley Crankbaits
Colmic Rods
Ol'Style Baits

fshrfwl
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fshrfwl » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:19 am

Always been a big fan of Loomis but with all the talk of Dobyns Ive decided to give a DX702 a try!!!

hooked2-fishing
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by hooked2-fishing » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:34 am

Many good quality rods on the market these days, though preferring a one-piece spinning Shimano Compre rod with properly matched reel. A combination providing lightness, sensitivity, power, balance, great guide spacing and good looks.

Smalleyez
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Smalleyez » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:10 am

Loomis at the moment. I like their conservative, but steady quality. On the other hand, I can't commit to one brand for every technique.
RRR (Round Reels Rule!)

nsfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nsfisher » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:54 am

St Croix Mojo Bass all the way!!! All you Dobyns people(mainly west coast people :lol: ) are paying to much money for a rod that is not much better than the rod I give 100 bucks for. I am aware that their are higher quality rods than the mojo bass series, but dollar for dollar the mojo bass rods are the best! :D

terry g
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by terry g » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:56 pm

It would have to be LAMIGLAS they stand by their warranties and they are made in AMERICA by AMERICANS

Canuckbass
Angler
Angler

Post by Canuckbass » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:06 am

nsfisher wrote:St Croix Mojo Bass all the way!!! All you Dobyns people(mainly west coast people :lol: ) are paying to much money for a rod that is not much better than the rod I give 100 bucks for. I am aware that their are higher quality rods than the mojo bass series, but dollar for dollar the mojo bass rods are the best! :D

Cannot argue that Mojo is a good buy for $100, but if you understood quality and the products that go into building a Dobyns then you would understand. You cannot compare a Chevy to a Mercedes Benz... Sure they both get you around town etc but when you want top quality and performance you have to pay for it. I would be surprised if it costs about $100 to build a Champion Extreme Dobyns... Mojo's are priced where they are because it only costs them about $20 or less to build each rod.

And try getting a warranty replacement from St. Croix.... I'm still waiting 3 yrs for mine... I don't care if that model is out of stock, get me a frigging rod to replace my investment.... I gave up on St. Croix, sad because they do make good high end rods...

BASSLAYER
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BASSLAYER » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:54 am

Canuckbass wrote:
nsfisher wrote:St Croix Mojo Bass all the way!!! All you Dobyns people(mainly west coast people :lol: ) are paying to much money for a rod that is not much better than the rod I give 100 bucks for. I am aware that their are higher quality rods than the mojo bass series, but dollar for dollar the mojo bass rods are the best! :D
Cannot argue that Mojo is a good buy for $100, but if you understood quality and the products that go into building a Dobyns then you would understand. You cannot compare a Chevy to a Mercedes Benz... Sure they both get you around town etc but when you want top quality and performance you have to pay for it. I would be surprised if it costs about $100 to build a Champion Extreme Dobyns... Mojo's are priced where they are because it only costs them about $20 or less to build each rod.

And try getting a warranty replacement from St. Croix.... I'm still waiting 3 yrs for mine... I don't care if that model is out of stock, get me a frigging rod to replace my investment.... I gave up on St. Croix, sad because they do make good high end rods...
a chevy to a mercedes benz... =; NOT more like a chevy to a KIA
Kenjutsu
(剣術)

bassfishing4fun
Angler
Angler

Post by bassfishing4fun » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:23 pm

Loomis for performance
Dobyns for looks