TT rod review: Dobyns?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Fat-G
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

TT rod review: Dobyns?

Post by Fat-G » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:22 am

I'm surprised Cal and others haven't done a review of the Champion and Champion Extreme line to put on the home page. They're VERY popular on the boards right now and have a huge following.

You guys have my request!

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TT rod review: Dobyns?

Post by Cal » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:32 am

Fat-G wrote:I'm surprised Cal and others haven't done a review of the Champion and Champion Extreme line to put on the home page. They're VERY popular on the boards right now and have a huge following.

Did you bother even trying to look or did you just decide to throw that out there?

You appear to be quite active promoting the Dobyns Rods product. If you are indeed a pro-staffer, please familiarize yourself with this:

http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17987
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

bassbandit
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassbandit » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:35 am

Cal wrote:
Fat-G wrote:I'm surprised Cal and others haven't done a review of the Champion and Champion Extreme line to put on the home page. They're VERY popular on the boards right now and have a huge following.

Did you bother even trying to look or did you just decide to throw that out there?

You appear to be quite active promoting the Dobyns Rods product. If you are indeed a pro-staffer, please familiarize yourself with this:

http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17987

=D>

Fat-G
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fat-G » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:37 am

Yep, the only thing I saw was a review of the gen 1 Extreme.

I'm not in any way a pro-staffer, never even held one of their rods. I don't want it to seem like I am "promoting" them, I have just asked a couple questions about them. I doubt any company would sponsor a random 17 yr. old kid that doesn't fish tournaments, LOL.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:41 am

I suggest you look at the Rod Review Menu Page again:

http://www.tackletour.com/menurods.html

Or conduct a Google search on "Dobyns Rod Review TackleTour"
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Fat-G
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fat-G » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:05 am

Woops, I overlooked the crankbait rod review. I hate cranks, LOL.

Anyways, I apologize if I was out of line.

21farms
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 21farms » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:34 am

Pegasus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Pegasus » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:02 am

Fat-G wrote:Yep, the only thing I saw was a review of the gen 1 Extreme.

I'm not in any way a pro-staffer, never even held one of their rods. I don't want it to seem like I am "promoting" them, I have just asked a couple questions about them. I doubt any company would sponsor a random 17 yr. old kid that doesn't fish tournaments, LOL.

Yeap I hope I made my point with this guy :big grin: :big grin:

civicrr
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by civicrr » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:43 am

Here is a review of the Gen 2 795ML (swimbait) rod.

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewdobynsm ... sbrod.html

Fat-G
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fat-G » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:05 am

Wow, I simply said I was surprised TT hasn't done a review of the Dobyns Gen. 2 rods. I overlooked the cranking rod. I'm sorry. I would have thought by now they would have done a rod showdown with the GLX and DX. Guess they just haven't gotten around to it...

I didn't mean for it to sound like I was promoting Dobyns, because I'm not, and I'm pretty sure I was within reason asking that.

The other two links were just rod previews.

Pegasus- Ok, once again, I'm sorry?

fishindrummer217
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by fishindrummer217 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:48 am

Hey man don't worry about it, it's obvious you are just a kid and not promoting any companies, Cal is easily offended if you don't search before you post, I learned the same way you did. It really seems to me that this forum is getting a bit out of hand with people being disrespectful to other people and says things that are out of line. Why can't we all just be respectful and realize that what people say is their own opinion, everyone has one, and that doesn't mean you should have the same one or that theirs is necessarily right.

bstuckey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bstuckey » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:32 am

Pegasus wrote:

Yeap I hope I made my point with this guy :big grin:
And I see that your posts were removed for being off topic, abusive and inflammatory. [-X
fishindrummer217 wrote:Hey man don't worry about it, it's obvious you are just a kid and not promoting any companies, Cal is easily offended if you don't search before you post, I learned the same way you did. It really seems to me that this forum is getting a bit out of hand with people being disrespectful to other people and says things that are out of line. Why can't we all just be respectful and realize that what people say is their own opinion, everyone has one, and that doesn't mean you should have the same one or that theirs is necessarily right.

Fishindrummer217: Thank you. =D> Especially the respectful part, seems like there a lot of immature and disrespectful posts here lately that have been attacking members, most of these haven't even been on topic.

Opinion: An opinion is a subjective statement or thought about an issue or topic, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. However, it can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analyzing the supporting arguments.

An opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires. In casual use, the term opinion may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact-based beliefs.

bassbandit
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bassbandit » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:16 pm

fishindrummer217 wrote:Hey man don't worry about it, it's obvious you are just a kid and not promoting any companies, Cal is easily offended if you don't search before you post, I learned the same way you did. It really seems to me that this forum is getting a bit out of hand with people being disrespectful to other people and says things that are out of line. Why can't we all just be respectful and realize that what people say is their own opinion, everyone has one, and that doesn't mean you should have the same one or that theirs is necessarily right.
I agree with you about people being more respectful. In that vein, I believe it to be disrespectful when people make posts without doing a search first. It's much like a school kid telling the teacher that they can't find answer to a question when they haven't even opened their textbook. Even now, after the data loss, there is still a ton of great info on this site. But you will never find it you don't try.
Last edited by bassbandit on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pegasus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Pegasus » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:08 am

bstuckey wrote:
Pegasus wrote:

And I see that your posts were removed for being off topic, abusive and inflammatory. [-X

So were Fat - G comments deleted but you never took noticed of it or mentioned it once again this post is lopsided
and unfair I am glad fishing season is around the corner.

fishindrummer217 wrote:Hey man don't worry about it, it's obvious you are just a kid and not promoting any companies, Cal is easily offended if you don't search before you post, I learned the same way you did. It really seems to me that this forum is getting a bit out of hand with people being disrespectful to other people and says things that are out of line. Why can't we all just be respectful and realize that what people say is their own opinion, everyone has one, and that doesn't mean you should have the same one or that theirs is necessarily right.[/quote

Fishindrummer217: Thank you. =D> Especially the respectful part, seems like there a lot of immature and disrespectful posts here lately that have been attacking members, most of these haven't even been on topic.

Opinion: An opinion is a subjective statement or thought about an issue or topic, and is the result of emotion or interpretation of facts. An opinion may be supported by an argument, although people may draw opposing opinions from the same set of facts. Opinions rarely change without new arguments being presented. However, it can be reasoned that one opinion is better supported by the facts than another by analyzing the supporting arguments.

An opinion may be the result of a person's perspective, understanding, particular feelings, beliefs, and desires. In casual use, the term opinion may refer to unsubstantiated information, in contrast to knowledge and fact-based beliefs.

bstuckey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bstuckey » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:27 am

Pegasus wrote:
bstuckey wrote:
Pegasus wrote:

So were Fat - G comments deleted but you never took noticed of it or mentioned it once again this post is lopsided
and unfair I am glad fishing season is around the corner.

Fat-G's comments were removed for being off topic. Attacking a 17 year old kid is not what T.T. is about and shouldn't be accepted. Fat-G probably doesn't have a lot of disposable income and is looking for as much information as he can find before plunking down his cash, ie posting about information regarding different rods and inquiring about a review. If you look back at his original post he was very interested in a St. Croix rod and thru poster information he then became interested in a Dobyns rod. Kids like Fat-G are our fishing future and I personally want to help him out with information if possible.