TT rod review: Dobyns?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
bstuckey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: TT rod review: Dobyns?

Post by bstuckey » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:24 am

:big grin: :big grin: :big grin: Turn back now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:02 am

I picked up a Dx784Ml and a DX743 to check out, both will have curados on them

bstuckey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bstuckey » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:12 pm

fishingandfords wrote:I picked up a Dx784Ml and a DX743 to check out, both will have curados on them
To late for you, you're infected with the monkey juice and can't turn back now... [-X [-X [-X

Fat-G
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fat-G » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:17 pm

Oooh, I don't know about this guys. :D

I was watching some of mrbass24's videos on youtube and one was of a dude flipping a dock with the 734c. He set the hook on a 6 pounder and the rod looked like it had too much whip for my liking. I think I'm going to go withthe 735c to have a little extra power. I just hope it isn't as stiff as the Vendetta 7'3 HXF I'm using for frogs right now.

Jeez, who knew a fishing rod could cause so much stress. :lol:

BB144
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BB144 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:46 pm

COUGH! COUGH! DX744C COUGH!

;) :big grin:
cabinfeverlures.webs.com
fb.com/CabinFeverLures

Fat-G
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Fat-G » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:11 pm

After talking to bstuckey on here and a guy on bassresource, I've 100% settled on the 735. However, my NEXT rod will be an Extreme.

How sad is that. I haven't even gotten this one, and I'm already thinking about the next one!

BB144
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BB144 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:56 pm

Fat-G wrote:After talking to bstuckey on here and a guy on bassresource, I've 100% settled on the 735. However, my NEXT rod will be an Extreme.

How sad is that. I haven't even gotten this one, and I'm already thinking about the next one!
Yeah, that's normal. I've got my next 3 combos already planned out. You want sad, how about my latest excuse to buy a reel: I'm having a custom rod built this summer to match a reel I don't have, so I have to buy the reel to match the custom rod I'm having built! :lol: :lol:
cabinfeverlures.webs.com
fb.com/CabinFeverLures

bstuckey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bstuckey » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:25 pm

BB144 wrote:
Fat-G wrote:After talking to bstuckey on here and a guy on bassresource, I've 100% settled on the 735. However, my NEXT rod will be an Extreme.

Yeah, that's normal. I've got my next 3 combos already planned out. You want sad, how about my latest excuse to buy a reel: I'm having a custom rod built this summer to match a reel I don't have, so I have to buy the reel to match the custom rod I'm having built! :lol: :lol:
Makes perfect sense ;) to me.

joejoe83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joejoe83 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:15 am

BB144 wrote:

Thats the true tt way. is there really any other :-k

BB144
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BB144 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:14 am

joejoe83 wrote:
BB144 wrote:

Thats the true tt way. is there really any other :-k
It feels good to be with my people! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought it was very logical myself, but others (even some other fishermen) just shake their heads. Oh well! :)
cabinfeverlures.webs.com
fb.com/CabinFeverLures

lpquick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by lpquick » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:10 am

Yes I must admit I too think along the same lines, come out of the closet and admit it - we are fisherman and TACKLE JUNKIES. ](*,)
Rods & Reels Excite me!

MikeLT
Angler
Angler

Post by MikeLT » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:56 pm

On a lighter note, You guys got to talking about the "disease" and it reminded me of a post that I made on another forum quite a while back. I went back and found it. Thought you might get a chuckle out of it.

Hello my name is Mike and I'm a tackleholic. I started with two rods and reels and a small carry bag of baits. Then, My "friends" introduced me to spinnerbaits I tried it once and thought I could handle it....but then that wasnt enough....so I tried crankin'....that worked for awhile but I couldnt get enough....then it snowballed :shock: Jigs, tube's, dartheads, dropshots, ripbaits, spook's, buzzbait's ( and of course each new bait meant a new rod...and reel to match) and Just when I thought I had hit rock bottom I was struck by the doom of all tacklejunkies....SWIMBAITS! I am out of control and don't know how much lower I can sink into this pit of endless spending ;) .............BUT I'M DAMNED SURE GONNA FIND OUT :D LOL!

Hmmm... Still holds true :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry for the off topic, Couldn't resist