i have kistler question

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
andrey
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

i have kistler question

Post by andrey » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:27 pm

i am looking to buy a brand new he70mc prototype rod, do these have some value other than what they retail for? rod says FACTORY WARRANTY ONLY, also says ONE OF A KIND. should i stay away from it or pick it up for collection? any info would be nice.

Pmedicbm
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: i have kistler question

Post by Pmedicbm » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:15 am

If you can get it for a decent price it may be worth it. I'm not sure which model it is, but it doesn't seem like the Kistlers hold their value very well on the used market. The LTA's commonly sale for $100 used and the LTX's can be had for the $125-150 neighborhood... I bought a crapboat load of them about 6-8 years ago and resale wise I took a real beating.. However, if your'e buying it to use I wouldn't have a problem buying another.... Just my 2 cents..
Pmedicbm

USA-RET
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by USA-RET » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:43 am

andrey wrote:i am looking to buy a brand new he70mc prototype rod, do these have some value other than what they retail for? rod says FACTORY WARRANTY ONLY, also says ONE OF A KIND. should i stay away from it or pick it up for collection? any info would be nice.
Probably no value other than retail. One of a kind isn't necessarily a good or a bad thing (particularly in the domestic market). If the rod is the size and power you want and the price is right, I'd certainly try it. Price being the determining factor. :D

Just my perspective.... :whistle:
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
¿ <°)))))><

SteveDB
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by SteveDB » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:04 am

Never by a Kistler expecting it to hold "value".