St Croix Legend Tournament Rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
mike_honcho
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

St Croix Legend Tournament Rods

Post by mike_honcho » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:04 pm

Has anyone used the 6'9"ML dropshot rod? Im kind of torn between this rod and Phenix Ultra MBX 7'ML. The thing Im unsure of on the St Croix is it seems like it doesn't have enough of a grip. It just seems kind of small compared to other rods I have. Any advice? Also the St Croix is just a little bit cheaper. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

soua0363
Angler
Angler

Re: St Croix Legend Tournament Rods

Post by soua0363 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:30 pm

I have the casting model. I do not have any complaints. The rod is light and sensitive. Although it is a medium light, it has good backbone for fighting big bass. You just cannot muscle a fish in like you would with with a heavier powered rod.

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:49 pm

This is one rod, I've been kind of thinking I need to get. :big grin:
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish

civicrr
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by civicrr » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:17 am

I owned the spinning version. No issues where the heel of my hand would sit. Always on the cork. If anything, I wish the foregrip wasn't there. Too short to be a 'real' foregrip. Just a little too big to allow me to put the tip of my finger on the blank.

I didn't own the casting model. I did own 4 models that have the same handle design/size. No issues with the them at all. My rod hand was always on the cork. My off hand found the butt section of cork when casting two handed.

bstuckey
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by bstuckey » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:37 am

I have one of the older full rear handle spinning models, absolutely love it, wish the still made it with the full rear handle. ](*,)

C_diesel2
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by C_diesel2 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:54 am

bstuckey wrote:I have one of the older full rear handle spinning models, absolutely love it, wish the still made it with the full rear handle. ](*,)

I have a very lightly used full cork handle model sitting in a rod rack...I upgraded to the g looms glx and never looked back....I loved the st. Croix ds rod and agree with the above statements about it having plenty of power...