Why is the Veritas white?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Fat-G
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Why is the Veritas white?

Post by Fat-G » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:54 am

I don't understand Abu's thought process here...none of their reels which "perfectly balance" the rods are white or even close. Why did they make the Veritas white? It seems like it would have been smarter to make it black or even grey... I know the Verdict is grey but still.

damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Why is the Veritas white?

Post by damian_megabass » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:38 am

I would only assume for attention....not much white rods out there. Yes none of the Abu reels compare or can come close to white but this goes with the Vegeance series as well. Yeah the STX is orange but it's mainly silver with orange and the orange doesn't even match it. :roll:

Also I don't see too much ppl who pair their rod and reel brands with eachother so it doesn't even matter. The only rod and reel I have branded is the Revo SX with Vendetta and the Smoke series. Only because these were "factory tuned" to be combo'd together.
I will NEVER sell another 3:16 swimbait again!

BB144
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BB144 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:24 am

One of the more likely reasons was to make the rods stand out, which they do. The only other rods I know of that are while are the Duckett rods. And I think the Veritas can pull it off, but but Duckett rods are ugly. Anyways, the market is so saturated with rods, especially in that price range, that Abu needed to do something to make the rod stand out against its competitors. Another gray rod would have just blended in the shelves, but you can't really miss the white Veritas rods.

The best looking reel I've seen with the Vertias, is a spinning reel; the Daiwa Caldia.
cabinfeverlures.webs.com
fb.com/CabinFeverLures

JerryC
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by JerryC » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:47 am

i love the white.. def stands out.. great rod btw
neaafishing.com
bocabearings.com
power team lures

Backbay
Angler
Angler

Post by Backbay » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:22 am

1024.jpg
1024.jpg (43.21 KiB) Viewed 7851 times
I like the look.... :)

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:30 am

Backbay wrote:
1024.jpg
It does look great and quite dangerous, I have a store down the street still has NIB old-style Lew's reels.

Backbay
Angler
Angler

Post by Backbay » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:40 am

Johnny A wrote:
Backbay wrote:
1024.jpg
It does look great and quite dangerous, I have a store down the street still has NIB old-style Lew's reels.
Honestly, the photo doesn't do it justice!
I have a BB-2c as well, but this one looks a little sharper.
I'm undecided as to what reel to mount full time, but both my Childre reels work superbly, and I may use this combo a bit just for fun...

bigfish85
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bigfish85 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:13 pm

That white looks a heck of a lot better than the yellow Skeets and a TON better than those awful Daiwa rods (can't remember the series). Black, yellow and bright orange. Yuck.

Heavy Action
Angler
Angler

Post by Heavy Action » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:39 pm

In all honesty I like them. As bigfish85 said ALOT better than the alternatives. But my heart still lies with the look of plain graphite, just seems military spec. which is always cool.

breezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by breezy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:45 pm

bigfish85 wrote:That white looks a heck of a lot better than the yellow Skeets and a TON better than those awful Daiwa rods (can't remember the series). Black, yellow and bright orange. Yuck.
I agree it could be much worse. Personally I would probably rather have a plain black rod but even with the 'odd' color I think the Veritas is a fairly clean and good looking design. At least it is something different.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:17 pm

bigfish85 wrote:That white looks a heck of a lot better than the yellow Skeets and a TON better than those awful Daiwa rods (can't remember the series). Black, yellow and bright orange. Yuck.
the funny thing is that i looooove the yellow and black that skeet reese is sporting and i guess it holds true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder

BB144
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BB144 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:20 am

Chode wrote:
the funny thing is that i looooove the yellow and black that skeet reese is sporting and i guess it holds true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Very true, while I don't like his W&M rods or reels, I love the color combo (and my SKT Revo). I'd probably take the yellow over the white if I was just going by color. Take the yellow over those orange rabbit food sticks too. :lol:
cabinfeverlures.webs.com
fb.com/CabinFeverLures

ecu daniel 14
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by ecu daniel 14 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:35 am

you think the shimano chronarch D would look good on the veritas?
stress-what happens between fishing trips

vuehouaxiong
Angler
Angler

Post by vuehouaxiong » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:18 am

the reason why the abu varitas rod is white is in name itself.veritas means something in latin/spanish.i think.foregot.check tackletour preview of the rod.they tell you why they decide to make the rod that color.

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:35 pm

Doesn't veritas mean truth? in which case wouldn't white be the purest truth??? I dunno...just thinking...