More Z-Bone Reviews Please

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
shlew
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

More Z-Bone Reviews Please

Post by shlew » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:32 pm

Was waiting for a few updated Z-Bone reviews before the site was hacked. Hope to get more feedback from those who have used these rods. Perhaps comparing its performance and sensitivity to other high end rods you may have in your arsenal. Appreciate any input you can share. Thanks guys!

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: More Z-Bone Reviews Please

Post by njbasscat » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:29 am

I have a Zbone 7'6" 5 power LE. It is the most sensative rod I have ever used. It is very light. I had a 50th Anniversary Zillion on it last season and now have a Revo Premier on it. It balances great with Revo. I use it mostly for 3/8 and 1/2 oz jigs in moderate to heavy cover. I love the rod but don't like the way Kistler does business which is why I have not purchased another one. I'm still confused as to how you can raise the price of the blank $50.00 when the manufacturer lowered the price of the blank $50.00.

gundog
Angler
Angler

Post by gundog » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:18 am

I ordered 2 z-bones one 6'6" 3 power fast and a 6'10" 4 power mod.fast. I dont know why I ordered a 6'6 because I have been getting away from the shorter rods but I will use it for 3/16 ounce t-rigs and small jigs spinnerbaits. The 4 power will be for swim jigs / 1/2 ounce jigs and carolina rigs I guess? Im not a huge fan of their business practices but I have a old LTA and love it. Also here these rods with gary loomis's new blanks NFC are sick. Im a litle scared of the mod.fast actions not sure what they will feel like but I will post my feelings when they arrive.

robertrinaustin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by robertrinaustin » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:14 pm

njbasscat wrote:I have a Zbone 7'6" 5 power LE. It is the most sensative rod I have ever used. It is very light. I had a 50th Anniversary Zillion on it last season and now have a Revo Premier on it. It balances great with Revo. I use it mostly for 3/8 and 1/2 oz jigs in moderate to heavy cover. I love the rod but don't like the way Kistler does business which is why I have not purchased another one. I'm still confused as to how you can raise the price of the blank $50.00 when the manufacturer lowered the price of the blank $50.00.
You're confusing NFC retail blanks with what they sell to manufacturers. The prices are not the same and I bet the blanks aren't the same either, not that it matters. I do know I'd be willing to bet you some serious money Kistler isn't paying $50 less per blank. In fact, I'd guaranty you they're not.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:14 am

Do you think they are paying $50.00 more per blank this year than last year? I know the blanks are made exclusively for Kistler but I can't see NFC lowering the price on there retail blanks and raising the price on the Kistler blanks.