Airrus Stargate - Foregrip problem

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
arrow135
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Airrus Stargate - Foregrip problem

Post by arrow135 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:17 am

Dear fisherman's,

I have a Spinning model of Airrus Stargate ASG691MLF-S 6'9" Medium Light Fast 1/16 - 3/8 4-8lb and I have a lot of problems with reel seat foregrip. You can see the photos, there are a lot of screw in foregrip, this matter causes touch plastic screew in fishing action and not touch de blank. The equilibrium is not good because the reel is rear, and the more important because there are only few 1/16 inch with contact reel with rod (in the front part) when set the hook in fishing action the reel move litte side to side. I contacted with the company and say me this is not a defective, for what I understand all rods have the same issue.

Do you think that this is normal in a rod of $400 and can not be considered a defective?

Best regards,

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Airrus Stargate - Foregrip problem

Post by godshippy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:05 pm

That. Looks. Bad. I don't have any nicer way to put it other than it looks bad...I wouldn't want to fish it because that would start to hurt! Have you tried contacting Airrus yet?? I really do wonder if it's just a defect that went out...

arrow135
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by arrow135 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:26 am

Dear godshippy,

Yes, Looks bad :(

Yes, I contact with the company and they told me they checked my photos and they can confirm that the screw is the same to all other airrus stargate produced so my rod doesn't have defects.

The reel seat haven't problem because is a Shimano Rarenium 2500 and in other rods works fine.

This is the last mail I have of Airrus, I asked more qüestions about this problem but I never get answer. I'm very with disappointed customer support of company, and the quality of Airru's rods.

Best regards

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:14 am

You see? This is why it's hard for me to branch out. I like knowing more or less what I'm going to get.
This is the way.

arrow135
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by arrow135 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:49 am

I talked with others Airrus Rod's Owners and all say me the company last years is go down quality in her rods and now the rods make in china. Airrus Company is down since Ken Whiting leave the company, he had airrus at the forefront of rod technology (he's the man behind the nanofusion) and won the brand a few awards.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:09 am

What size reel is that? If you're trying to put a 1000 reel on that rod, it probably wont work. Thats yet another reason why I dont like split reel seats. You could try putting a couple wraps of tape on the rear reel foot. That will push the reel slightly forward.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

arrow135
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by arrow135 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:41 pm

Dear hoohoorjoo,

The reel is a Shimano 2500, this reel works fine at all my other rods.

Best regards