Looking for a low cost ML casting rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Looking for a low cost ML casting rod

Post by LowRange » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:19 pm

Dalleinf wrote:
Warhawk wrote:Tip section broke, i just got an email from them.

I suppose I’ll pay the $18 for a new tip, but I don’t much like being called a liar.
Lincoln xu: Dear friend.
good night.
thanks for your patient waiting.Also we are sorry about that.
Let me explain all as below :
We are sure there are 100% no any defect before sending out the parcel, Also we have 2 teams to check pack and deliver every day for hundreds of orders.
we could be responsible for the damaged during transporting.
Please forgive my rudeness there is no any proof to prove it defected because it was good when delivered. For example, we cannot blame the car supplier when the driver has the car accident, correct?

However, in order to cooperate with you for long time, we'd like to offer you a new rod tip of it as long as you pay the freight 18USD for it.

thank you for all understanding and support.
I do not like the two Kuying rods I own - a Top Caster and a Leadership - complete garbage IMO. A frail rod and a rude seller does not help... Never ever Kuying again.
Good luck to you with your rod.
I love my Topcaster and Leadership. The build quality and performance is similar to a Majorcraft product for substantially less cost. I prefer Majorcraft but the shipping costs to the US can cost as much or more than the rod making them much more expensive to acquire new. Used is a different story. The user for sale section here is a great place to pick up a Majorcraft without the cost to import.

kunia13
Angler
Angler

Post by kunia13 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:51 am

nikbrewer wrote:I do a lot of creek fishing and mainly use my Kuying Teton L casting rod. However, i am finding sometimes i wish i had a bit more backbone. I am looking for a rod that is one step up from this in stiffness, while still being cheap.

On Aliexpress i thee they show a Abu Vengeance 2 piece ML casting rod. Seems it may be a good fit but cant find any info on the rod.

Any other recommendations for sub 100$ ML casting rods?
I have the Zodias 164 bfs - it's about 70 more than you want to spend, but it's a pretty good rod (thou a bit tip heavy)
There's a 1 piece Bass Pro Shops cabonite 2.0 rated at 1/8 oz or maybe even less, if I'm not mistaken.
I have a kuying tenton 662L as well, and for the price it's a pretty good rod - I wouldn't have a problem buying another model.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:18 am

You can get a 6'9" ml baitfinesse moderate fast MajorCraft Corzza from Shimreels for <$150 shipped.
This is the way.

cfiedbasser
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by cfiedbasser » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:44 am

Sale on Corzzas at Majorcraft America website

https://majorcraft-america.com/product/corzza-casting/

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:37 pm

cfiedbasser wrote:Sale on Corzzas at Majorcraft America website

https://majorcraft-america.com/product/corzza-casting/
If those ship from within the states then that would be awesome. If they're coming from Japan then the shipping could get out of hand fast.

cfiedbasser
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by cfiedbasser » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:51 pm

I haven't bought one. I did put one in the cart to check shipping prices and it said $28.62 to South Carolina. So it would be about the same as the shimreels deal...

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:55 pm

cfiedbasser wrote:I haven't bought one. I did put one in the cart to check shipping prices and it said $28.62 to South Carolina. So it would be about the same as the shimreels deal...
Great rods, but the OP said $100 or less was his price point.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

nikbrewer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by nikbrewer » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:49 am

thanks guys! All this really helps. I like 2 piece rods, as its easier to get in the car. One of my favorite "beater" rods is a cheap field and stream 5'6" M 2 piece rod. Runs like 25$. Its really whippy, so i cast a ned rig a mile.

Just looking to get something nicer for my alpha

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Thu May 03, 2018 6:18 pm

I bought a 7ft3 Phenix Maxim in ML on sale, they have 2 sizes in ML on tackle warehouse, the other is 6ft10.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri May 04, 2018 3:44 pm

_diggy_ wrote:I bought a 7ft3 Phenix Maxim in ML on sale, they have 2 sizes in ML on tackle warehouse, the other is 6ft10.
I had that same rod and it was so nice....but I'm not a fan of split reel seats, so I sold it. I tried to get a custom built on that blank, but GetBit said Phenix discontinued them.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.