Daiwa Zillion & Steez rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Lvenegoni7
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Daiwa Zillion & Steez rods

Post by Lvenegoni7 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:33 pm

I just purchased a Daiwa Steez sv tws and I am looking to find a rod to pair it with. I know that on individual rod reviews they will list how much specific rods weigh in ounces but I am wondering if there is anywhere I can find out how much all the rods in 2 categories weigh. I am looking for something that will be good for sensitivity for lighter bottom fishing football jigs and also able to handle swimjigs/t-rigs. I am thinking about calling Daiwa to see if they can supply me with that information but if anyone on here knows please let me know.

Thanks
Luke

bigturtle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Daiwa Zillion & Steez rods

Post by bigturtle » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:15 am

Zillion
661MXB 115g
701MXB 120g
761HFB 140g
801HFB 155g

Which steez are you talking about

daiwafan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Daiwa Zillion & Steez rods

Post by daiwafan » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:57 am

I Realize that I am not necessarily answering your question but if it were me I would check out the Tatula AGS M/MH 7 foot rod designed by Brent Ehrler. It is perfect for bottom contact baits and is comfortable throwing baits in the 1/8 oz to 1 ounce range. The rod hits right between the typical Daiwa Medium and Medium Heavy ratings and weighs 120 grams. I have fished this rod for about a year now and it is by far my favorite and I own a lot of Zillions and Steez rods that now basically collect dust when I fish New River for big Smallies. I like this rod so much that I recently bought another just so I would have a backup in case I ever broke one.

What I like most is the balance point and sensitivity, the rod has the AGS guide train and as such feels lighter than the actual weight may suggest. I have caught hundreds of smallmouth up to 5 1/2 pounds on this rod and it always amazes me with power and sensitivity. Seth Feider used this rod to pitch jigs to grass at the Elite event and according to his video LOVES THIS ROD.

Both of these rods have Steez reels on them currently, one SV TWS and the other a OG Steez.