Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
User avatar
Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:00 pm

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Postby Rippin-lips » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:14 am

I just hope they stick with the ecs reel seat or all of my excitement to buy a bunch of new xx rods will be gone in an instant. Fingers crossed that it doesn’t go away.

User avatar
LowRange
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1239
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:18 am

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Postby LowRange » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:41 pm

I wonder if they will be xXx rods with full cork and xx markings? This is what appears to be in the foreground in bigg's picture. I really like the current xx rod tapers so I hope we get some usdm specific tapers. I've got an xXx BE2 and the taper is unimpressive for a MB stick. It's a blah medium with a long handle.

User avatar
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3829
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: www.tackletrap.com
Contact:

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Postby bronzefly » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:51 pm

LowRange wrote:I wonder if they will be xXx rods with full cork and xx markings? This is what appears to be in the foreground in bigg's picture. I really like the current xx rod tapers so I hope we get some usdm specific tapers. I've got an xXx BE2 and the taper is unimpressive for a MB stick. It's a blah medium with a long handle.


Negative, they will not be XXX with full cork and XX markings. They will have USDM specific actions. I don't consider them unimpressive for Megabass rods as a whole, but the XXX rods I've fished and handled are pretty nice considering the build quality and price point. The JDM actions are clearly evident in the lineup. I certainly prefer the XXX to the Levante series, but like the blank of the "current" XX series better in general.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

User avatar
LowRange
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1239
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:18 am

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Postby LowRange » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:56 pm

bronzefly wrote:
LowRange wrote:I wonder if they will be xXx rods with full cork and xx markings? This is what appears to be in the foreground in bigg's picture. I really like the current xx rod tapers so I hope we get some usdm specific tapers. I've got an xXx BE2 and the taper is unimpressive for a MB stick. It's a blah medium with a long handle.


Negative, they will not be XXX with full cork and XX markings. They will have USDM specific actions. I don't consider them unimpressive for Megabass rods as a whole, but the XXX rods I've fished and handled are pretty nice considering the build quality and price point. The JDM actions are clearly evident in the lineup. I certainly prefer the XXX to the Levante series, but like the blank of the "current" XX series better in general.


That's good news. Will be visually similar to the xXx rods? The xXx is a sharp looking rod.

Houndfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:57 pm
Location: Western Shore MD

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Postby Houndfish » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:37 pm

LowRange wrote:
That's good news. Will be visually similar to the xXx rods? The xXx is a sharp looking rod.


Yea, I keep looking at the Black Themis, but I have never found any info about it. It is sharp as hell looking though and the idea of an L/XF rod is really interesting to me. I would love to see something like that, but a bit shorter, in the new xx lineup.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Megabass, Daiwa

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Postby M Perry » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:31 pm

The final approval on the new XX rods is happening this week in Japan. The models, components and appearance are being finalized so first production run will begin. So far I like the details I have seen and can't wait to see them get built.

vncnt
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:14 pm

Re: Megabass Orochi XX... What’s next for the USDM??

Postby vncnt » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:05 pm

I'd love a 9'+ orochi xx for cranks and finesse fishing. Dream come true if that happens.


Return to “Rods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests