Bad tackle thread (what to avoid)

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
DarkShadow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Bad tackle thread (what to avoid)

Post by DarkShadow » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:31 am

Looks like the powers that be must have addressed the issue with the Break Blade.

Apparently the new design is not going to 'break' as easily.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:54 am

DarkShadow wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:31 am
Looks like the powers that be must have addressed the issue with the Break Blade.

Apparently the new design is not going to 'break' as easily.

Are these new or old? Saw them a while back and looked for some info and found nothing, only sold on one site and not on Jackalls website from what I could find.

Much better design though, except for the grass catching slot :lol:

Just ordered more Break Blades though so I’m good for now \:D/

DarkShadow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DarkShadow » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:47 am

Jeffbro999 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:54 am
Are these new or old? Saw them a while back and looked for some info and found nothing, only sold on one site and not on Jackalls website from what I could find.

These are new.

https://www.jackall.co.jp/bass/products ... e/?wovn=en

They've been out for a while. Bought myself enough to last me a minute.

I'm seeing some on eBay right now and am laughing at how much the sellers are asking.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:58 am

Thanks, very new. I’ve been looking but haven’t seen it on there before. They also have them on a site I use regularly these days, probably add one to the next order.

Jeffbro999
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Jeffbro999 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:53 am

DarkShadow wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:47 am
Jeffbro999 wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:54 am

These are new.

https://www.jackall.co.jp/bass/products ... e/?wovn=en

They've been out for a while. Bought myself enough to last me a minute.

I'm seeing some on eBay right now and am laughing at how much the sellers are asking.
You had a chance to use these yet? How’s the hook compared to the Break Blade(diameter, strength)?
I’ve been using the Break Blade Winning Spec the last few trips. Head is a little different and the wire extends back into the head. Landed some giants including one of the biggest redfish I’ve had my hands on and it’s holding up great. Definitely built for bass fishing, but it’s hard to beat in the marsh. Every bladed jig should have a titanium weedguard! Still interested in these though, so let me know if you have formed an opinion yet, good or bad.

DarkShadow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DarkShadow » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:06 am

Jeffbro999 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:53 am
You had a chance to use these yet? How’s the hook compared to the Break Blade(diameter, strength)?
I’ve been using the Break Blade Winning Spec the last few trips. Head is a little different and the wire extends back into the head. Landed some giants including one of the biggest redfish I’ve had my hands on and it’s holding up great. Definitely built for bass fishing, but it’s hard to beat in the marsh. Every bladed jig should have a titanium weedguard! Still interested in these though, so let me know if you have formed an opinion yet, good or bad.

Funny, because this time last year, I had gotten 2 fish from my local pond above 5.5 pounds on the OG Break Blade. For some reason, the fish are no longer choking the bait down this year. So while I've thrown it around a few times, I haven't caught any fish on it.

The hooks are on par with the original, but now include a nifty bait keeper. The blade is definitely thinner.

Here's hoping that the bite on the chatterbait this year gets better or else I bought a bunch of these for no reason. :-D