How Do they do it?

Anything and everything related to fishing tackle. If you cannot find the sub-category for your topic, go ahead and post it in here!
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

How Do they do it?

Post by goldrod » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:22 am

I was really twitching a jerkbait and I felt the bit but the fish spit the lure just as fast as it sucked it in. What a bummer too cause it was a fatty. These were stock hook on practice gear but I’ve had hooks new out the pack on jb that fish have spit. I guess it’s due to the angle that they strike.

Speaking of angles I was casting from the bank wind coming from behind me.
Nothing not one bite. I proceeded to make adjustments and hit the same spot from different angles when I eventually made a cast against the wind and got bit. ](*,) ](*,)
Same area never changed just casted from a different angle and was getting bit cast after cast. Sometimes it just baffles me
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: How Do they do it?

Post by goldrod » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:04 pm

Went back out for a few hours and she smacked it. I knew it was big because it wasn’t moving in my direction but taking drag. I get it to within arms reach and heard the worst sound ever imagined. Ting the line pops and she swims off with the lure. Today was not my day.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

poot04
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by poot04 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:40 pm

Sorry about your lost fish, it’s part of the game. As for angles and wind if you think about it, it makes sense. You cast into wind and retrieve with the wind is exactly what happens when the wind pushes the bait in that direction. Old fatty is smart and lazy and waits for bait to come to her.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:14 pm

poot04 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:40 pm
Sorry about your lost fish, it’s part of the game. As for angles and wind if you think about it, it makes sense. You cast into wind and retrieve with the wind is exactly what happens when the wind pushes the bait in that direction. Old fatty is smart and lazy and waits for bait to come to her.
I had went out there with the bottom contact Steez , 894 NRX and Kistler H3 jig rod but I knew they would hit a jerkbait and so I started with that first
Just got my goat choked but I understand what you said and it makes sense
I was watching this video last night about cold front bass fishing and wind and well as you said so did the video.

Came back home to order the loss lure and it was on back order. :doh: :doh: =D> ](*,) :doh: